You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Howard University COP (Entering 2015)
Started by calikid1989
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
sorry my man. we're actually bound by the student handbook to not disclose the interview process... and administrators do check SDN. but i would say the HUCOP interview process is the least stressful interview I had during my rounds and they actually give you a chance to be yourself. i can't do the curriculum justice online but they will go over all of that for you.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am actually thinking of applying there. just curious what is your pharmcas GPA and PCATI just got an interview for November 15...And man you just killed my hopes with that statement...I actually wanted to know what type of questions they will ask me then and also know a little a bit more about the curriculum and stuff......
I actually interviewed 3 weeks ago on Oct 10!
Accepted Oct 20
I was also accepted to Rosalind Franklin and University of New England also but I'm choosing Howard University for the diverse opportunities in hospital settings and how they tailor to my interests in public health more than the other research-focused schools.
My question is: I want to live within 2 miles of the school for those biking days, what are some good apartments to look at?
Accepted Oct 20
I was also accepted to Rosalind Franklin and University of New England also but I'm choosing Howard University for the diverse opportunities in hospital settings and how they tailor to my interests in public health more than the other research-focused schools.
My question is: I want to live within 2 miles of the school for those biking days, what are some good apartments to look at?
I actually interviewed 3 weeks ago on Oct 10!
Accepted Oct 20
I was also accepted to Rosalind Franklin and University of New England also but I'm choosing Howard University for the diverse opportunities in hospital settings and how they tailor to my interests in public health more than the other research-focused schools.
My question is: I want to live within 2 miles of the school for those biking days, what are some good apartments to look at?
Hey I was at your interview and I think I remember you! Tbh you do not want to live within 2 miles of campus for two reasons. 1) It is not the safest nor is it well lit, in case you had a late night at school and needed to get back 2) It will be expensive UNLESS you live in the bad parts I just mentioned. Classmates are paying at least 1500 per month for singles/studios. If you HAVE to live near by I would recommend getting a house to share.
Hey I was at your interview and I think I remember you! Tbh you do not want to live within 2 miles of campus for two reasons. 1) It is not the safest nor is it well lit, in case you had a late night at school and needed to get back 2) It will be expensive UNLESS you live in the bad parts I just mentioned. Classmates are paying at least 1500 per month for singles/studios. If you HAVE to live near by I would recommend getting a house to share.
Nice I think I remember you too! since you were the only one claiming to be from California in the student panel. Thanks for the response. I'll make it work somehow but regardless of the living expenses, I'm pretty excited about moving to DC!
If anyone else has been offered an interview feel free to ask me your questions. To those who have already interviewed; it's in your best interest to follow up with the admissions office if you feel like you're a fit for our school.
I'll be interviewing in January. Excited and nervous for the opportunity!
so will I too...wish you best of luck....I'll be interviewing in January. Excited and nervous for the opportunity!
Awesome! Have you interviewed anywhere else? I'm interested to know how nerve racking it will be.so will I too...wish you best of luck....
yeah at Temple....lol It indeed is nerve racking for real....Awesome! Have you interviewed anywhere else? I'm interested to know how nerve racking it will be.
Awesome. I think the worst part of the whole experience is waiting for a reply after submitting all of the applications.yeah at Temple....lol It indeed is nerve racking for real....
you mean after the interview??? Cause thats when its REALLY nerve racking.....Awesome. I think the worst part of the whole experience is waiting for a reply after submitting all of the applications.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Before...after.....all of the aboveyou mean after the interview??? Cause thats when its REALLY nerve racking.....
I have a question for you, does Howard conduct closed-file interviews?If anyone else has been offered an interview feel free to ask me your questions. To those who have already interviewed; it's in your best interest to follow up with the admissions office if you feel like you're a fit for our school.
I have a question for you, does Howard conduct closed-file interviews?
YES.
Whats a closed file interview???YES.
I also have an interview scheduled for January. If I get accepted, I would live in Alexandria, VA (I have family there). My question has to do with a pre-requisite. Howard is the only school that I have an interview with that requires Physics II (pre-requisite). Please do you know if I can test for credit instead of taking the whole class? I am hoping not to take any classes this coming spring semester.
Nah I highly doubt it...I called them earlier about stuff like that and they said no..in regards to Biochemistry thoughI also have an interview scheduled for January. If I get accepted, I would live in Alexandria, VA (I have family there). My question has to do with a pre-requisite. Howard is the only school that I have an interview with that requires Physics II (pre-requisite). Please do you know if I can test for credit instead of taking the whole class? I am hoping not to take any classes this coming spring semester.
I also have an interview scheduled for January. If I get accepted, I would live in Alexandria, VA (I have family there). My question has to do with a pre-requisite. Howard is the only school that I have an interview with that requires Physics II (pre-requisite). Please do you know if I can test for credit instead of taking the whole class? I am hoping not to take any classes this coming spring semester.
Unfortunately, you cannot test for credit. You have to take the class and the lab. If you are truly considering Howard, I would suggest that you take it before the summer.
it wasn't nerve racking at all... amiright? 🙂Oh well the interview is finally over....I guess in 2 weeks or so we will finally know our fate.....the nail biting begins....lol sigh I think and hope I did well though....
Nah it wasnt....waiting to get an acceptance letter however is.....lol fingers crossedit wasn't nerve racking at all... amiright? 🙂
It was an awesome experience, it being my first interview I was expecting something completely different. It can't hurt that the P1s were so helpful/encouraging and that DC is an amazing city compared to middle of nowhere Midwest. I had a blast. Good luck to everyone!
I got an interview invite last week, but the first scheduled interview date was Feb 21st--- Is anyone interviewing before that? I really want to reschedule to an earlier date, if possible.
I'm getting acceptance letters from other schools already and I don't want to make a decision until I learn more about Howard. (I only have two weeks to reply to the other schools that have accepted me)
I'm getting acceptance letters from other schools already and I don't want to make a decision until I learn more about Howard. (I only have two weeks to reply to the other schools that have accepted me)
I got an interview invite last week, but the first scheduled interview date was Feb 21st--- Is anyone interviewing before that? I really want to reschedule to an earlier date, if possible.
I'm getting acceptance letters from other schools already and I don't want to make a decision until I learn more about Howard. (I only have two weeks to reply to the other schools that have accepted me)
I would contact Mr. Prince, perhaps there is an earlier date. But if that is the earliest they offered the previous ones (if there are any) may already be full.
The next earliest date would be January 31st. Admissions actually reschedules interviewees as needed and if you explain your situation to them, I can't see why they would not accommodate you. As the previous poster mentioned, you should contact Mr. Prince from admissions ASAP. Here is his info: 202-806-6533 [email protected]I got an interview invite last week, but the first scheduled interview date was Feb 21st--- Is anyone interviewing before that? I really want to reschedule to an earlier date, if possible.
I'm getting acceptance letters from other schools already and I don't want to make a decision until I learn more about Howard. (I only have two weeks to reply to the other schools that have accepted me)
Anyone else receive the email about the conditional acceptance background check consent?.......Before even receiving the acceptance letter.
How anticlimactic.
How anticlimactic.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm really not sure why but the admissions department has decided to go with snail mail this year. From interviewees I've talked to, it seems like people on the west coast and midwest find out before those in the DMV or south. If you haven't heard from us yet don't be alarmed; you are not the only one.Has anybody heard from the admissions that were in the January 31st interview group?
So they are being mailed not emailed?
Yes.
I got accepted. Thanks for being a great tour guideI'm really not sure why but the admissions department has decided to go with snail mail this year. From interviewees I've talked to, it seems like people on the west coast and midwest find out before those in the DMV or south. If you haven't heard from us yet don't be alarmed; you are not the only one.
I don't go to UMB so I couldn't accurately compare and contrast the two. But for me, I love being centrally located in the Nation's capital, having class sizes with a fewer than 65 per year means faculty know you by name (and are more accessible as a result), and for me personally, being so far from home it is essential to have a support system. A small class size means we can care for one another and help each other out. Without my pharmily I would struggle with the distance and the course load. We also placed half of our applicants last year into residency which is going to help down the line.Is there any reason I should choose Howard over UMD?
I submitted my application late December and was in touch with Mr. Prince. But I haven't heard anything about an interview or denial. How do they let you know if you have been denied or could they be waiting to interview me?
I submitted my application late December and was in touch with Mr. Prince. But I haven't heard anything about an interview or denial. How do they let you know if you have been denied or could they be waiting to interview me?
We interview on a rolling basis. For instance, in my own experience I sent in my application around December as well but I received my interview first week of March and went to DC 2 weeks later. For now you will just have to wait. We're interviewing again this week and will have a month gap before the next rounds so I would imagine a large quantity of interviews will be sent out first week of March.
Rule number one when it comes to interviews of ANY kind...... the hardest part is GETTING ONE! You have already checked that off the list. The interview is merely a conversation with faculty/students and for us to put a face to an application. Easy peasy 🙂I have a interview this weekend and I am extremely nervous. Any tips or pointers?
I'll be at the interview this coming Saturday I look forward to meeting you!
Last edited:
I have a interview this weekend and I am extremely nervous. Any tips or pointers?
I want to reiterate what calikid said. The experience that you will have at Howard will be unlike most interviews. Relax and be confident, you received an interview for a reason. The interview really is just a conversation between the faculty and students. Unfortunately, I will be unable to accept my offer to attend HU COP next year, but I wish you the best of luck!!
aww thank you so much! I look forward to meeting you as well. I attend Howard for undergraduate studies and the pressure to make a lasting impression is definitely there!Rule number one when it comes to interviews of ANY kind...... the hardest part is GETTING ONE! You have already checked that off the list. The interview is merely a conversation with faculty/students and for us to put a face to an application. Easy peasy 🙂
I'll be at the interview this coming Saturday I look forward to meeting you!
Aww I really appreciate the help.. I'm super anxious! Where have you decided to go?I want to reiterate what calikid said. The experience that you will have at Howard will be unlike most interviews. Relax and be confident, you received an interview for a reason. The interview really is just a conversation between the faculty and students. Unfortunately, I will be unable to accept my offer to attend HU COP next year, but I wish you the best of luck!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
FYI we expect more from our applicants if they went to Howard! You gotta represent 🙂aww thank you so much! I look forward to meeting you as well. I attend Howard for undergraduate studies and the pressure to make a lasting impression is definitely there!
Does anyone know if Howard still requires students to purchase a labtop through the "University's labtop program"? During the student panel discussion, I believe one of the current students said that was no longer required. I just want to make sure, because I prefer to just keep my mac/ipad for classes.
Also does a facebook group exist for the incoming class? I'm ~90% sure that I'll go to Howard so it'll be nice to find roommates in the city (preferably within biking distance of the campus, if possible). Thanks!
Also does a facebook group exist for the incoming class? I'm ~90% sure that I'll go to Howard so it'll be nice to find roommates in the city (preferably within biking distance of the campus, if possible). Thanks!
Your current laptop should he fine. Everyone came here with their own laptop and no one had a problemDoes anyone know if Howard still requires students to purchase a labtop through the "University's labtop program"? During the student panel discussion, I believe one of the current students said that was no longer required. I just want to make sure, because I prefer to just keep my mac/ipad for classes.
Also does a facebook group exist for the incoming class? I'm ~90% sure that I'll go to Howard so it'll be nice to find roommates in the city (preferably within biking distance of the campus, if possible). Thanks!
and yes there is a Facebook group already. although I believe they wait until you turn in a deposit before inviting you to it.
My interview is April 11, which is the very last interview date
.
Do you think this will hinder my chances of being accepted, in any fashion?
Do you think this will hinder my chances of being accepted, in any fashion?
No it doesn't. We literally had a student get in during our orientation week. If anything it just means we got to your application later than others.My interview is April 11, which is the very last interview date.
Do you think this will hinder my chances of being accepted, in any fashion?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 8
- Views
- 3K
- Poll
- Replies
- 6
- Views
- 4K
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 4K