Howard University DPT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Faith128

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone applied to Howard? If so, has anyone heard anything back?

Members don't see this ad.

yea I applied to Howard...still haven't hear anything

just got an email..was accepted probably... wont be going though

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got an email also, why aren't u going?

Military spouse..my husband was suppose to say instate for at lease 3 years..but in Iraq right now...kinda mess up my plan..

Anyone else got accepted into howard U and is going?

Yes....I am happy to say that I was accepted to Howard University's DPT program. I am so excited....is anyone else going to start on Fall 2010?

I'm also attending Howard University's Physical Therapy Program this August of 2010. Coming up from Miami....Anybody heard anything about the program? How come we'll be graduating in 2012 instead of 2013???

What was your guys stats, if you don't mind, for those who got accepted into Howard's DPT program?

Hey, I will also be attending Howard in a couple of weeks for the DPT program c/o 2012, but they already got me stressed dealing with housing and financial aid..anyone else having these problems?????

hey.. i m second year PT student at Howard... yea dont stress out about financial aid... its hard to get hold of anyone on phone...last year i had the same problem. i had to go to financial aid office to resolve issues!

Hi Everyone!!

I applied to Howard and besides getting an email stating our applications have been received, has anyone heard back from the DPT program being accepted or rejected?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi Everyone!!

I applied to Howard and besides getting an email stating our applications have been received, has anyone heard back from the DPT program being accepted or rejected?

Thanks!

Not yet

Does anyone know if Howard has interviews for the DPT program?

If so has anyone had one?

Thanks!!!!:):)

Does anyone know if Howard has interviews for the DPT program?

If so has anyone had one?

Thanks!!!!:):)
I believe they don't interview. And I haven't heard from them yet either. I've been seeing that we will hear in May, unless others have heard already.....

Thanks Jbizzle for responding!So far I have not found any posts of other people who have heard back,so I just go by last years responses and estimate the time for this year.when you hear from them please let me know.also check your inbox,I sent a msg!

I just got accepted to Howard DPT :), who else is going to be attending Howard this fall?

I don't think Howard typically interviews. I was accepted and did not do one. They sent out letters to accepted students to reserve a space in the class. Apparently once you send in your enrollment intent you will get another package mid May.

Hi, congrats! are you going to be attending there?

Yes I am going. I just have to get info on financing, figure out living arrangements etc.

Yes I am going. I just have to get info on financing, figure out living arrangements etc.
yea, same here although I'm only 40 mins away..it's better for me to live close.

Yeah you'll practically live at school so you may as well be close. I wish you well and get your traveling and relaxation done now.

I noticed you'll be attending howard for PT school in the fall. Congrats! I'll be attending howard for Occupational therapy in the fall and I'm probably sure we'll have a couple classes together. I was just wondering what you were doing about your living situation. I have no idea where to start!

I noticed you'll be attending howard for PT school in the fall. Congrats! I'll be attending howard for Occupational therapy in the fall and I'm probably sure we'll have a couple classes together. I was just wondering what you were doing about your living situation. I have no idea where to start!

Same here! Do OT & PT students take classes together at Howard? I know at some schools they take anatomy together. I'm concerned about my living situation too. Congrats to you all & look forward to meeting you!

Did anyone receive another package yet? I sent in my $300 and intent to enroll and got no follow up. They never answer or return messages when you call. I have a lot to do in preparation for school and I'm a little annoyed that they wait until last minute. I have to get funds, living arrangements etc

I wasn't sure if this question was directed toward me. Anyway I actually live out of state although I'm from the DMV. I kind of have to take care of housing last minute because I don't live nearby right now. I may end up commuting from a friend or family's residence for a few weeks. Howard has not left much time to plan.

Did anyone receive another package yet? I sent in my $300 and intent to enroll and got no follow up. They never answer or return messages when you call. I have a lot to do in preparation for school and I'm a little annoyed that they wait until last minute. I have to get funds, living arrangements etc

That's what I was wondering about too. I emailed them and she called me and said that we should be receiving a letter about orientation sometime in July and she said classes begin the last week of August. I'm still having issues about living situation tho. I have no idea where to start. Where are you coming from?

That's what I was wondering about too. I emailed them and she called me and said that we should be receiving a letter about orientation sometime in July and she said classes begin the last week of August. I'm still having issues about living situation tho. I have no idea where to start. Where are you coming from?

Finally! Just got an email today about class orientation etc. I have to worry about my living situation once I get there.:eek: (slightly freaking out). I don't even live in Maryland or DC anymore. I am moving from the South at the beginning of July. I'm about 12-13 hours away and I was quite unhappy to have to rush and get things done. Class starts 8/22 and orientation 8/18. Well I guess I will see you when class starts. Best wishes on finding living arrangements. Once I get up there if I find any info on apartments etc I will post a message here.

Finally! Just got an email today about class orientation etc. I have to worry about my living situation once I get there.:eek: (slightly freaking out). I don't even live in Maryland or DC anymore. I am moving from the South at the beginning of July. I'm about 12-13 hours away and I was quite unhappy to have to rush and get things done. Class starts 8/22 and orientation 8/18. Well I guess I will see you when class starts. Best wishes on finding living arrangements. Once I get up there if I find any info on apartments etc I will post a message here.

Oh yea I finally received an email too. Well, best of luck with you, will see you soon.

Hey Guys, I'm supposed to start the DPT this Fall @ Howard... still looking for loans, anybody knows any other option besides the financial aid office?
Thx

Oh yea I finally received an email too. Well, best of luck with you, will see you soon.

Hey have u got ur loan/ financial aid yet? I'm trying to find where I can get money cuz I don't qualify for financial aid... Any ideas?

Hey have u got ur loan/ financial aid yet? I'm trying to find where I can get money cuz I don't qualify for financial aid... Any ideas?

thoroughly annoyed by the school already. All I need to know is how to apply for aid. I have been told to call every friggin' department with lackluster results. financial aid says apply on bison web. well first off when you havent even enrolled in school how are you supposed to have an account and ID number????? then I have to call someone for an ID number, then the stupid log in says invalid. I am so irritated how am I supposed to pay for school in 1 month?

thoroughly annoyed by the school already. All I need to know is how to apply for aid. I have been told to call every friggin' department with lackluster results. financial aid says apply on bison web. well first off when you havent even enrolled in school how are you supposed to have an account and ID number????? then I have to call someone for an ID number, then the stupid log in says invalid. I am so irritated how am I supposed to pay for school in 1 month?

If you have already filled out a fasfa for this award year. You can log on the website studentloans.gov and apply for a subsidized/unsubsidized loans to take care of tuition. Unless you are getting outside assistance. I suggest you take out a grad plus loan (also available on the site) to take care of food, misc. money, boarding, books etc. Hope this helped.

Anyone receive any type of response from Howard Univ. since they turned in their app?!? I've left numerous voice mails and emails, but no response and it's very frustrating.

I'm still waiting to hear something from Howard. Has anyone received a response yet?

Haven't heard a thing still :-/

Sent from my SCH-I405 using SDN Mobile

I was accepted. They sent an email a little after I posted.

I have yet to hear anything yet also :(

The ones who were accepted, are you goiing to attend?

Yes, I plan too....I will tell you that my acceptance letter told me that I needed to respond by March 23rd due to there being a very large wait list. Do not get discouraged because you were not denied. My friend received a denial letter and if you did not receive that then you should definitely hear something after the 23rd. Hope this helps.

Thank you very much that does help out a lot. I appreciate it!

Do you know anything about their program? And also if you do not mind me asking are there any other schools you are waiting to hear from?

Hello everyone!

Wow I haven't been on sdn since I was applying to PTschool over a year ago!
Hopefully I can shed light on some of the questions you may have pertaining to the program. Feel free to post on here or inbox me, i'll try to get back as soon as I can. We are in the midst of finals and taking our comp exams so its hectic, but please I encourage you to not hesitate to reach out to me, especially if you are experiencing problems contacting staff members.

Christine

Hey guys...I made a facebook group for the entering fall 2012 DPT/OT/Speech Therapy classes so make sure you search it and join.