Program-Specific Info / Q's Howard University Inaugural Entry-Level OTD Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tattedOTD

Reaction score
Hello All!!!

I have just been accepted into Howard University's Fall 2021 Cohort for OT, and I am looking for other future students within the program. Please respond to this thread if you are currently in the interview process or have also received your acceptance letter as well. I would like to get a GroupMe or group on Facebook started especially to talk about living situations.

I look forward to meeting all of you guys very soon!!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi!! I just accepted my seat into the Fall Cohort today. I'm also interested in meeting as many of y'all as possible before making the move.

Hi!! I just accepted my seat into the Fall Cohort today. I'm also interested in meeting as many of y'all as possible before making the move.
OMG heyyyyy! I didn't think anyone would reply to my thread lol

Nice to meet you and congratulations, I'm glad you've accepted!!!

Question, Have you received an email back about the site for where we pay our deposit? Also, would you like a GroupMe or Facebook group?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello All!!!

I have just been accepted into Howard University's Fall 2021 Cohort for OT, and I am looking for other future students within the program. Please respond to this thread if you are currently in the interview process or have also received your acceptance letter as well. I would like to get a GroupMe or group on Facebook started especially to talk about living situations.

Congrats my interview is tomorrow. Is their anything i should know about? I feel like i know some of the interview questions.

Congrats my interview is tomorrow. Is their anything i should know about? I feel like i know some of the interview questions.
Thank you, and congratulations to you too! All I can say is just be yourself. Know why you're choosing this program (OT and the university). I was VERY nervous but I just spoke from what I know specifically about OT and what my future plans are and that helped. I would also say have questions to ask at the end of your interview.

Reactions: 1 user
OMG heyyyyy! I didn't think anyone would reply to my thread lol

Nice to meet you and congratulations, I'm glad you've accepted!!!

Question, Have you received an email back about the site for where we pay our deposit? Also, would you like a GroupMe or Facebook group?
Hey!!! Sorry it took me a while to reply, but I haven't heard back from them about paying the deposit. A groupme/Facebook would be nice, but honestly, I am considering another school that I was recently accepted to because it's closer to home!

Hello everyone! I also received my acceptance letter for Howard this morning! I’m super excited to meet everyone

• Love
Hello All!!!

If you have already created the group me or Facebook I would love to be in it!

If you have already created the group me or Facebook I would love to be in it!
I just created the Facebook group. Search for Howard University OTD Fall 2021

Last edited:
Hey!!! Sorry it took me a while to reply, but I haven't heard back from them about paying the deposit. A groupme/Facebook would be nice, but honestly, I am considering another school that I was recently accepted to because it's closer to home!

I emailed them but they were saying how they're still getting ID numbers for everyone. I have created the facebook, (Howard University OTD Fall 2021) if you would like to join it. I do understand about staying close to home especially at the expense of this program. I wish you good luck on your OT endeavors!

I also sent a request to be in the FB group! I'm choosing between 3 schools and it's so hard lol.

Members don't see this ad :)
I emailed them but they were saying how they're still getting ID numbers for everyone. I have created the facebook, (Howard University OTD Fall 2021) if you would like to join it. I do understand about staying close to home especially at the expense of this program. I wish you good luck on your OT endeavors!
Thank you! I wish you good luck as well, and I received an email from them today! I also submitted a request to the group just in case.

For those of you who were accepted already. How long did it take to hear back?

Okay, thought i was the only one curious
Don't be. It was about two weeks for me too and the day I was going to email otadmissions during my lunch break they emailed me my acceptance letter.

Don't be. It was about two weeks for me too and the day I was going to email otadmissions during my lunch break they emailed me my acceptance letter.
It’s just that they said still under review so just nervous lol

Hi guys!! so i will be joining your Cohort this Fall 2021 Anna I’m super excited about it .

So About my admission process, i didn’t get an interview till this past Monday May 10th and got my acceptance letter yesterday May 12th not sure what took so long but im
Happy and grateful to be on . Can’t wait to meet and get to know you all more.
About me: I’m 26, currently a special ed teacher working at a school got kids with autism ( but switching fields of course ). I’ve technically been practicing OT skills with my students these past years so I’m excited to learn more
Being an OT has always been my dream and I’m happy to be going to the prestigious Howard university .

p.S: I’m having a hard time finding the Facebook group can someone add me please ( my name on f b is Pereviva Besong )

Hello everyone! I’m interested in applying to Howard’s program from the fall 2022 school year. My cumulative falls below a 3.0 but my prerequisites gpa is a 3.5. Does anyone think I’d have a chance? Do they look at your application holistically? I’ve tried to email them or call the program but nobody answers

Just FYI a lot programs their first semester is 18 hours with Anatomy and Kinesiology. It’s usually your hardest semester. This is grad school!

Just FYI a lot programs their first semester is 18 hours with Anatomy and Kinesiology. It’s usually your hardest semester. This is grad school!
do you attend this university? If so do you have any tips? I applied back in December but it’s been quiet on their side? When should i hear back if I get an interview or not