Howard University School of Pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ChemistI

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got an interview for Howard University. I've read some mixed threads in this forum stating mostly negative things about this university. I already have experienced that the administration needs to improve their admissions dept. since its almost impossible getting in contact with their staff.

How's Howard's school of pharmacy and how's their interview process. I've read the sticky thread and got some info from previous interviews. anyone got interviewed recently? is the school good? are the graduates from this institute prepared for their licensing exams?

Members don't see this ad.

when did you submit your application? it's been two months of waiting for me and still no words from Howard. if you don't mind, what's your stats?

when did you submit your application? it's been two months of waiting for me and still no words from Howard. if you don't mind, what's your stats?

i applied in august

overall GPA 3.0
PCAT 93

Members don't see this ad :)
for those who got interviews congrats!! does your pharmcas show anything different under howard's supp section? when did they contact you via phone i am assuming? thanks

I'm not familiar with the DC area. How reliable is the mass transit train system in DC from Regan National to Howard University? I plan on getting there in the morning and leaving in the evening. Is this a good idea? Any advice?

I don't want to be late for the interview though.

does anyone have an interview on nov. 13?

how far is the train station at howard U to the school of pharmacy?

The train station is about a 5-10 minute walk. There's supposed to be a shuttle from the metro to the school but I didn't wait for it coz I didn't know what the schedule was like.

Members don't see this ad :)
i have one nov 14th, 11am.. what are your guys's stats?? what do you think about howard?

My interview is 12pm...Nov 13th. Then im leaving that night to fly to Chicago because I have an interview the next morning at MidWestern CCP.

Pcat score: 79 percentile (91 in chem and 90 in Bio)
B.S degree in Biological Sciences and 4 years of Pharmacy experience.
Mediocre GPA

BTW Koni...what part of Hawaii are you from? I love surfing there in kauai....pinetrees rocks!

I heard that only slightly higher than 50% will graduate once you get into the program. Again, this is what I "heard"

the naplex passing rate is like 75% ,lowest in the country, only one at 70s%

the naplex passing rate is like 75% ,lowest in the country, only one at 70s%

where do you get these stats? wasn't there a professor that was arrested recently for giving students questions to the licensing exam?

are they on rolling admissions?

i have an interview on the 14th at 12p....so nervous... it's my first interview offer ^_^ so i'm excited too and i've never been to d.c. before

right on leinalaa.....i'll be there nov. 14th at 12pm too. Where are you from? I'm from california.

BTW Koni...what part of Hawaii are you from? I love surfing there in kauai....pinetrees rocks!

I live on Oahu. Haha.. and I don't know how to surf by the way. I like watching though. Tried to learn once but I couldn't get myself to stand up. :p

koni, why didnt you apply to UH?

I did but I've been procrastinating on the supplemental.

why did you turn it down?

The travel was just too far for me with school and work.. But I would have gone if I hadn't already been accepted to MWU-CPG. Arizona is closer to home. :D Also-- I remembered hearing about Howard's probationary status so that made me a little hesitant as well..

This is a little off subject, but I thought the admissions lady wasn't very pleasant..

Yvette:
whoa...you're from walnut...i live in west co....that's sweet...it's good to know that you're from the area as well. I'm actually leaving from Ontario Airport to Dulles Nov. 10th. I'm gonna be drained because I have an interview to Midwestern Chicago the next day right after Howard. When do you plan on arriving in DC....Hopefully i'll see you out there.

Koni:
My aunt actually lives in Maui....and every December i try to come out to North shore to check out the Big Triple Crown of Surfing contest held out there. I'm always stoked to surf out there....I also applied to UH as well...i submitted their supplemental like 3 weeks ago or something but i haven't heard anything back. I think it'd be awesome to live in Hawaii. Did you apply to any other schools in California? My 1st choice is western....I live about 10 minutes from it and about 30 minutes away from USC.

Also-- I remembered hearing about Howard's probationary status so that made me a little hesitant as well..

This is a little off subject, but I thought the admissions lady wasn't very pleasant..

where did you hear about their probationary status? i would like to know.

the admissions lady was alright with me. It was hard getting in contact with their staff.

so is howard out of probation?

I was reading one of the threads in SDN, and they are out of the probation status

By the way, my airplane leaves on 5:45 P.M. on interview day and my interview time is 12 pm. Do you guys think I will have enough time to go to airport? Should I tell adcom that I need to do interview early bc I have a plane to catch?
I heard their interview process is little bit frustrating cause they are disorganized little bit.

I was reading one of the threads in SDN, and they are out of the probation status

By the way, my airplane leaves on 5:45 P.M. on interview day and my interview time is 12 pm. Do you guys think I will have enough time to go to airport? Should I tell adcom that I need to do interview early bc I have a plane to catch?
I heard their interview process is little bit frustrating cause they are disorganized little bit.

i ran into the same dilemma when I was scheduling my trip there. I ended up finding a flight that leave later that day. The admissions officer told me that the interviews are a minimum of 3 hours since you have to take a writing and math exam.

Do you guys know if Howard's Pharmacy school takes Canadian students who received a Canadian education? B/c it says on their website they accept International students but I'm not sure if I have to have had all my schooling in the States.

I tried emailing them but they were really vague...

I got an interview on Nov. 13th. Anyone else interviewing on the 13th or 14th? Does anybody know how long these things run. I still have to book my ticket and I want to make sure I don't miss my flight back.

Yeah i'm interviewing the same day as well at 12pm. I spoke to the lady that called me for an interview and she said it runs approximately 3 hours. Hope that helps.

Where is everyone flying from for the nov. 13th interview? This is my first time in D.C., so I'm a little bit nervous and scared at the same time. It would be great if I can meet some of you there.

did anyone who got an interview invite get an email or something...directions...instructions...anything from howard? thanks...

i am STILL patiently...or should i say semi-patiently waiting for pharmcas to send out my app. does anyone know much about the program at howard? i have heard good things about the school despite some of the disorganization that other students have noted.

i got a phone call that's it

i was expecting them to mail me something w/ directions etc...nothing..it's been like 3 weeks. i am going to call on monday

I got a call yesterday inviting me for an interview and they said they would send an e-mail with information and directions. The interview id Nov. 14th at noon. Anyone else going then???

I interview nov. 14th at 11am and got a phone call about 3 weeks ago....but no confirmation email, directions, nothing. weird.

I got a call yesterday inviting me for an interview and they said they would send an e-mail with information and directions. The interview id Nov. 14th at noon. Anyone else going then???

i'm interviewing that same time too. all i got was a call a couple weeks ago and that's it... no emails or anything either...

Hi Everyone
I am a current Howard SOP student. I would just like to say the rumors about howard aren't true. We have some of the most qualified facutly in the country, and we have graduates in great positions in the Pharmaceutical industry. Every school has it's flaws, and howard's is there adminstration. You get quality education, and I am having the time of my life. It's a lot of work, but I love it. I am a first year, Please don't hestitate to ask any questions. and good luck to the ones interviewing this month. :love:

Reactions: 1 user
Hi Everyone
I am a current Howard SOP student. I would just like to say the rumors about howard aren't true. We have some of the most qualified facutly in the country, and we have graduates in great positions in the Pharmaceutical industry. Every school has it's flaws, and howard's is there adminstration. You get quality education, and I am having the time of my life. It's a lot of work, but I love it. I am a first year, Please don't hestitate to ask any questions. and good luck to the ones interviewing this month. :love:
Hey Azza 29,

I know and corroborated your point.A lot of pple are saying negative things abt the school and my own philosophy is,do not go there if you don't want to. Anyways,I already got admitted to Howard SOP for next year.I applied ED and I have a lot of questions in regards to housing.Can you pls PM me cos I don't know how to start one. That way,I can ask you my various questions.

My mind is set on going to Howard anyways,cos I could have applied to other schools with my stats but I chose not to. It is true,every school has its own flaws.

Pls PM me if you can.

Thanks in advance

Hi PointBreak, Leinaala6, rxgrl08,

my interview time is 12pm on the 14th also!
(it will be my 2nd time)

good luck to all of us

-oh and I'm from CA

what is a good hotel to stay at so we can get to the campus easily?
a lot of them are already booked and the rates are really high during our interview dates b/c of a convention or something..
or is there a campus shuttle?

any advice would be appreciated, thanks

Hi PointBreak, Leinaala6, rxgrl08,

my interview time is 12pm on the 14th also!
(it will be my 2nd time)

good luck to all of us

-oh and I'm from CA

thanks, u too. i'll see u there in a week...o_O i'm from cali too ^_^ sorry don't kno too much about the hotels, but i kno u don't have to stay in washington d.c. maryland is pretty close too and i heard the public transportation system is really good...

yea i finally found one.. the Lombardy..not bad
see u next week :)
(I'm dreading the butterflies)

Hi Everyone

So can you explain why Howard has the lowest national passing rate (i think 51%).
Source: http://www.nabp.net/ftpfiles/bulletins/schoolpassrates.pdf