Howard University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

apple84

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard from Howard yet? I received a letter saying that my application is complete. I am just wondering.

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone heard from Howard yet? I received a letter saying that my application is complete. I am just wondering.

I reived the same thing last week.

Members don't see this ad :)
I dont mean to sound ignorant, but Howard is a African American College correct? So does their pharmacy school only admit African Americans? Im just curious, thanks in advance and good luck getting in.

Has anyone heard anything concerning Howard's Probation w/ the ACPE? Just curious...

~above~

I have also heard about that but the students and alums that I have talked to all say that it is a lie. So, now I am just confused as to who is telling the truth.

I dont mean to sound ignorant, but Howard is a African American College correct? So does their pharmacy school only admit African Americans? Im just curious, thanks in advance and good luck getting in.

Your right, Howard is an HBCU but they don't only accept African Americans. In fact, someone that is the program told me that they get pharm students from all over and all types of ethnicities.

I have also heard about that but the students and alums that I have talked to all say that it is a lie. So, now I am just confused as to who is telling the truth.

I would go by what the ACPE says and not by talk from students and alums.

I would go by what the ACPE says and not by talk from students and alums.

Okay - Howard is definitely on probation. I dont know who told you it wasnt - but you can definitely check for yourself...

This is a link to PHARMCAS in the school information pages

http://www.pharmcas.org/collegesschools/schoolHowardpage.htm

Check out the section that refers to accreditation status... then click on probationary accreditation status.

Im not bashing anything or anybody - Just make sure if you do want to go, that you find out what they are doing about it. To earn probation - a school has to be deliquent in following ACPE standards. Going to school is an investment in your future - and we should all treat it as such.

~above~

Well thanks for the confirmation. I will be sure to let my friends know that are applying to Howard. I didn't even bother applying there because I wasn't too sure about their accredition issue.

Well thanks for the confirmation. I will be sure to let my friends know that are applying to Howard. I didn't even bother applying there because I wasn't too sure about their accredition issue.

I also want to let you know that it is the second time for Howard having probation status. If they have one more probation status, they really have to remove their program.

That is scary