Howard University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

viaspiga

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any news from Howard? They requested a fee two weeks ago. Haven't heard anything since.

Members don't see this ad.

That's the standard practice from what I heard.

well yeah, i understand the procedure :rolleyes:.... i was just wondering whether anybody have heard from Howard these days....or maybe someone knows when do they usually start communicating with applicants

Members don't see this ad :)
I still haven't received a fee request. Do you get an email?

did you guys send your dat scores and official transcripts?

Yes, I received fee request through email 2 weeks ago.
College transcripts were sent through AADSAS. Official DAT scores were sent through ADEA.

Well, I received the fee request on 7/8/10 and sent the money order on 7/10/10. Nothing happened so far. With money order, you even don't know when they cashed it. I hope my longer waiting comfort you a little. After all, someone once said sth here like patience is what we should have but clearly lacking.:oops:

Thanks for sharing. Ye, I was also wondering whether they received my money order. Probably will have to call to find out. Have you tried calling?

I didn't call, as I think it will further slow them down if many of us are calling. I know my money order was delivered to their office, since I used delivery confirmation.

I spoke with Howard earlier this month and they told me that they were in the process of clearing out the old files from the file cabinets so that they could start organizing the new applicants' files.

She did check that they had indeed received my money order (it was on an excel spreadsheet), and said to call back in a week or so for status checks.

Since that time, every time I have tried to call the lines are busy. So I guess we just need to wait more.

hey all, I just called howard and the lady asked me if I've taken human anatomy yet.....i said no, i will in the spring....and she said oh I have to take it before being considered for an interview...................................wth??

Members don't see this ad :)
The school direction states:

Send these materials directly to the dental schools Only When an Admission Officer Contacts You:

• Application fee $75 (money order only)
  • Official college transcript(s)
  • Official DAT scores
  • Three letters of evaluation or a committee evaluation; if not submitted with AADSAS application

I only received an app fee e-mail, so I didn't send in transcripts nor DAT. Are we supposed to send them in already?

The school direction states:

Send these materials directly to the dental schools Only When an Admission Officer Contacts You:

• Application fee $75 (money order only)
  • Official college transcript(s)
  • Official DAT scores
  • Three letters of evaluation or a committee evaluation; if not submitted with AADSAS application

I only received an app fee e-mail, so I didn't send in transcripts nor DAT. Are we supposed to send them in already?

??? Aren't they getting transcripts and letters through AADSAS? Im confused now.

??? Aren't they getting transcripts and letters through AADSAS? Im confused now.

I think they want your official transcripts directly from the schools. They also *might* want your official DAT from ADA. Don't worry about the LORs if AADSAS sent them out already.

Anyone else already sent your transcripts or DAT? Or did anyone else received an e-mail requesting them?

Hi All,

I got an e-mail requesting the 75 dollar fee. I submitted it August 20 (a day after I got the e-mail) I have since heard anything. Because I got a cashier's check through my bank I was able to see if it was cashed and it was cashed almost immediately. I am sure they received yours as well....

about the official DATs and the transcripts...i didn't do that. the directions say only after admissions contacts you, but in the e-mail it didn't mention anything about sending all that extra stuff...maybe I'll call in a few days and let you all know, unless someone beats me to it--could that person post on here to let everyone know?

Interview! Jan 28th is that late?

Hey guys (this is my first post ever!)

So i had an interview at howard a month ago and I did not have to send any transcripts or DAT scores by myself (all that is done automatically by AADSAS) . All you have to do is send whatever they ask for (the fee money). good luck! PM me if you have any questions

just interviewed at howard!! no need to send extra materials, as far as January 28th the admissions lady at Howard told our interview "class" that they've only held 4 interview sessions before december 1st. i interviewed the 19th of nov and they said they will not start interviewing again till middle to late January. So I think its safe to assume that they havent and will not fill their class by December 1st.

just interviewed at howard!! no need to send extra materials, as far as January 28th the admissions lady at Howard told our interview "class" that they've only held 4 interview sessions before december 1st. i interviewed the 19th of nov and they said they will not start interviewing again till middle to late January. So I think its safe to assume that they havent and will not fill their class by December 1st.

thanks for sharing! i just checked my aadsas and my status has finally been updated to "under review" 11/22. did you get any updates before you got your interview invite?

My status just updated as well to "under review" on 11/22. Should it say under review if I already had an interview?

How soon after they told you your application was complete did you get an interview?

My status just updated as well to "under review"
on 11/22. Should it say under review if I already had an interview?

did your status change on aadsas at all on/before you interviewed at howard? or did they just contact you via email or phone for your interview? thanks in advance!

My status just updated as well to "under review" on 11/22. Should it say under review if I already had an interview?

I interviewed at Howard too and my aadsas updated to "under review" on 11/22 as well. Before that date Howard did not appear on my aadsas at all, even though i had been interviewed. Does anyone know if Howard blanks? I've searched the forums and can't find anything...

what are blanks? and havent heard from howard yet

Blanks are when your status on aadsas disappears prior to December 1st, because a decision (likely favorable) has been made on you application, however cannot be given to you until the magic date.

Since no one has said anything about being accepted or not... I'm assuming that they don't blank

yea my status didnt change, i was reading the FAQ we got during the interview and it says that they ll notify via email and regular mail..... so i guess i ll keep an eye on my email every 5 mins lol.

yea my status didnt change, i was reading the FAQ we got during the interview and it says that they ll notify via email and regular mail..... so i guess i ll keep an eye on my email every 5 mins lol.

Last years predents.com shows alot of people with December 3rd acceptances. I guess we will just have to wait for the snail mail to learn our fates.

ahhhhh snail mail i hate that.... thats good to hear though since this has been distracting me from studying for a test i have tomorrow..... thanks for the info probably saved me alot of headache and time away from studying today.... good luck.

ahhhhh snail mail i hate that.... thats good to hear though since this has been distracting me from studying for a test i have tomorrow..... thanks for the info probably saved me alot of headache and time away from studying today.... good luck.

you too, hopefully we both get in!

I think we were in the same interview group. I haven't heard anything from them either. AADSAS just changed my status to "invited for interview" yesterday, even though I've already had my interview lol. I guess we have to wait and see. :xf:

i think we were in the same interview group. I haven't heard anything from them either. Aadsas just changed my status to "invited for interview" yesterday, even though i've already had my interview lol. I guess we have to wait and see. :xf:

email at 7:30 mountain time acceped!!!!!!!!!!!!

wow, congrats!! i'm still waiting to hear from them.... when did u interview with them?

wow, congrats!! i'm still waiting to hear from them.... when did u interview with them?

Nov 5th.....aadsas didn't change too "offer made" until this morning. Acceptance email at 7:30 last night mountain time

hmmmm..... i havent seen any status change in my aadsas, mine was nov 19th and i was the last to interview in the last batch before dec 1st..... i wonder if their going in order? so far no word yet...

do u know of anyone else that's heard anything?

still waiting..... when did you interview there?

lol still havent heard anything, this waiting game is killing me

I remember these days. Seems like yesterday. Good luck all you Howard applicants. I absolutely love it here. Hopefully you will too.

I remember these days. Seems like yesterday. Good luck all you Howard applicants. I absolutely love it here. Hopefully you will too.

Nov 5th.....aadsas didn't change too "offer made" until this morning. Acceptance email at 7:30 last night mountain time

The only thing I got was a status change to "offer made." I didn't get an email and haven't gotten anything in the mail yet. Anyone else in the same boat?

i think offer made is a good sign, my status still says "received/ under review" no word from email or regular mail yet.