Howard's Probabtion is Lifted

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Azza29

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
:thumbup: Today's Washington Post had a little article about Howard School of Pharmacy having their probation lifted. The school is fully accredited and not in danger of losing its accredation. This accredation is valid until June 2009, and then another accredition review will occur, which every pharmacy school goes through every couple of years.
Everyone can be at peace if planning or attending Howard University School of Pharmacy. :) :D

Members don't see this ad.

i ididnt seem to find this anywhere. It would be really appreciated if u could find a link on the net and post it here or try scanning the paper and putting it up here if its not much ofa hassel.

I'm sure it would put some peoples mind at rest if they plan to go there or even try to consider it.

Yep ..I was at the interview yesterday and that was first thing they told us as good news!! That helped boost my confidence too. Freakin awesome!!:laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
:thumbup: Today's Washington Post had a little article about Howard School of Pharmacy having their probation lifted. The school is fully accredited and not in danger of losing its accredation. This accredation is valid until June 2009, and then another accredition review will occur, which every pharmacy school goes through every couple of years.
Everyone can be at peace if planning or attending Howard University School of Pharmacy. :) :D

That is great news now it is offical. I talked to the acting dean last year and she said by Jan 07. For once they talk the talk and walk the walk.

Wow, thats great news...so do you think they are still accepting 50 students?

Ms. Williams said they weren't sure about the class size for now, but it's definitely gonna be a lot more than 50.
:luck: My best guess, I will say 80-90.

for those who had interviews on Jan 16 & 17, do you know roughly how long it will take them to tell us if we got in or not?

I think I remember her saying sometime around march.

Thanx, RX CARE ..thats great!

For sure it's around March? Not sooner?

Anybody got a link?

whats going on all,

i called them the other day just to confirm the probation lifting, and they're in the clear

also, i called to see when they thought they would send out acceptance / denial letters and they said end of march.

one last thing, they don't believe they will be increasing the class size.

how many people are interviewed and i hope they do accept 80-90 students:)

Well I see howard is having problems again, this time not with pharnacy though but with their nursing school, and if i can remembe. its the Howard University school of Pharmacy, Nursing and Allied health. Their nursing students worked out on their exam because they are not being taught properly. "The students say their professors use scare tactics in order to subdue them by threatening individuals and their graduation."

To read more clink on the lonk below.and make sure u read the reply posting on the bottom of the pagealso i think the whole school needs help.

http://media.www.thehilltoponline.c...lkout-2757378.shtml?reffeature=mostemailedtab

eeks, just sound like the exact opposite of a nurturing environment for the nursing students. i hope its not like that for the pharm students.