Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've been looking at Pharmacy Schools mostly out of state; solely for the reason that I see it as my ticket to experience another part of the country. I dorm at a school ~20 minutes from home, so while I'm "on my own", I have a cushion in seeing the same old faces.
I was talking to the pharmacist I work with and he told me my best option is to attend a school in state (NY), mostly because wherever you attend school is your best area to intern and network towards a job once you graduate. Being a Tech at CVS I have some of that here at home already.
I have two questions:
1). How hard is it to network as a grad if you'd prefer to live in a different state
2). How does state licensing work?
And, for anyone who sought work in a different state than their alma-mater's location, how was the transition?
Thanks in advance!
I was talking to the pharmacist I work with and he told me my best option is to attend a school in state (NY), mostly because wherever you attend school is your best area to intern and network towards a job once you graduate. Being a Tech at CVS I have some of that here at home already.
I have two questions:
1). How hard is it to network as a grad if you'd prefer to live in a different state
2). How does state licensing work?
And, for anyone who sought work in a different state than their alma-mater's location, how was the transition?
Thanks in advance!

