Hpsp 2005

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

UCBShocker

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone!

It may be a bit, well maybe more then a bit, early but I thought I would start a thread for us 2005 HPSP + Medical School hopefuls. If we are lucky enough to be accepted to HPSP and Medical School maybe some of us will be in the same place so we can start finding out who we are now =). As for me, I am recent grad and applying to 14 schools and Air Force HPSP. I am in the Post-MEPS part of my HPSP application and starting secondaries to medical schools.

If anyone has any questions I will be checking this post often and will be happy to help. I have researched HPSP ALOT and SDN has played no small part =), plus my recruiter has been very helpful and informative. Oh, and MilitaryMD, thanks for showing me the opposing view point, I know that if I am accepted to the AF, I will go in well informed =).

Cheers!
Andrew
 
HI 🙂

Well, I just graduated from a Masters program and will be applying for the Army HPSP. Let's see... I am applying to 18 schools and am in the process of filling out secondaries. I just started the HPSP paperwork and hopefully will get the physical over within the next week or two (and thanks for all the info about physicals ... definitely not looking forward to peeing with somone watching over my back....).

Good luck with the application process 😛
 
tinkerbelle said:
HI 🙂

Well, I just graduated from a Masters program and will be applying for the Army HPSP. Let's see... I am applying to 18 schools and am in the process of filling out secondaries. I just started the HPSP paperwork and hopefully will get the physical over within the next week or two (and thanks for all the info about physicals ... definitely not looking forward to peeing with somone watching over my back....).

Good luck with the application process 😛

Hehe, well I think the person will just be in the room, they wont 'watch' really. At least thats how it went for me, but I am sure noone really wants to keep an eagle eye on the whole process hehe.

Best of luck on the HPSP paperwork and good to hear from you!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It appears we're the only two people applying for this scholarship 🙂 Perhaps I don't have to worry so much about qualifying for it 🙂
 
UCBShocker said:
Oh, and MilitaryMD, thanks for showing me the opposing view point, I know that if I am accepted to the AF, I will go in well informed =).

Cheers!
Andrew

You are most welcome.

Xmmd
 
tinkerbelle said:
It appears we're the only two people applying for this scholarship 🙂 Perhaps I don't have to worry so much about qualifying for it 🙂

LOL, and I am AF, so you're the only Army so far hehe. Of course if you have a 3.5 and >29 MCAT I think the Army automatically accepts you without competition. I have seen that not only in forum threads but also HPSP Army sites.
 
Yeah, I heard about that too. But my undergrad gpa is only 3.46.... so I just missed the cutoff. Do you know if they will combine my graduate and my undergrad GPA? Cause that's the only way I will be above 3.5 (3.46 ug + 3.58 grad). I asked my recruiter, but he didn't know.
 
I am hopefull going to be applying AF. That is, if I can get approved to have the physical (having an issue with a stupid mis-diagnosis from almost 10 years ago).
 
tinkerbelle said:
Yeah, I heard about that too. But my undergrad gpa is only 3.46.... so I just missed the cutoff. Do you know if they will combine my graduate and my undergrad GPA? Cause that's the only way I will be above 3.5 (3.46 ug + 3.58 grad). I asked my recruiter, but he didn't know.

From the posts I have read about GPA cut-offs they only count the undergrad GPA, but that was for minimum allowed GPA to apply for OTS. I am not sure about the army HPSP cut off. But even so they said if you did not make the cut off but were close you are still extremely competitive, so I would not be worried.

Sorry to hear that Kaikai128, but if it was a mis diag and you can get paperwork from a doctor saying you do not have that issue then I don't think it should be a problem. Thats what they told everyone while I was already at MEPS at least.

Best of luck JKDMed, we all are gonna need it =)
 
UCBShocker said:
From the posts I have read about GPA cut-offs they only count the undergrad GPA, but that was for minimum allowed GPA to apply for OTS. I am not sure about the army HPSP cut off. But even so they said if you did not make the cut off but were close you are still extremely competitive, so I would not be worried.

Sorry to hear that Kaikai128, but if it was a mis diag and you can get paperwork from a doctor saying you do not have that issue then I don't think it should be a problem. Thats what they told everyone while I was already at MEPS at least.

Best of luck JKDMed, we all are gonna need it =)

I got a letter from my primary care saying that he felt as if it was not a true diagnosis, that it is not a problem, and has not been a problem for over 7 years...however, I can't get the physician who originally ****ed me to cooperate at all....my paperwork will be submitted to MEPS for special prior approval on Monday...wish me luck.
 
kaikai128 said:
I got a letter from my primary care saying that he felt as if it was not a true diagnosis, that it is not a problem, and has not been a problem for over 7 years...however, I can't get the physician who originally ****ed me to cooperate at all....my paperwork will be submitted to MEPS for special prior approval on Monday...wish me luck.

Best of luck to you! Let me know how it turns out.