HPSP Air Force

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sodalicium

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,

I'm a 17 year old ROTC cadet currently attending UCF in Florida. I am officially majoring in Information Technology but as medicine has been an aspiration of mine for decades, I am also taking my pre-requisites for medical school application. However, something that is giving me trouble is the MCAT that I will have to take sometime in the next 2 years. If anyone on this forum has received or is applying for the HPSP scholarship, I would greatly appreciate it if you could give your MCAT score, and GPA in the comments below. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Since you are most likely a freshman, the MCAT really isn't something you need to be worrying about right now and definitely not something to stress about so early.

That said, I had a 30 MCAT and 3.8 GPA and accepted for AF HPSP last year.

I believe they call applicants who have 3.5+ GPA and 30+ MCAT "Matrix" applicants. What that means is that you get automatically accepted for the scholarship as long as you pass the physical test.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm not technically considered a freshman as I did 2 years of dual enrollment in high school. Since I have over 60 credit hours of college work, I'm considered a junior at college at the moment. I'm not sure how early to start preparing/memorizing material for the MCAT.

Currently applying, have a 3.5-6ish gpa and 35 old MCAT, and recruiter told me I am "automatically accepted". Also sent you a pm.