HPSP and waitlists

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

llort

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm starting a 4 year Air Force HPSP next fall, but I still dont know where I am going to school. I applied for the scholarship with a letter of acceptance from one school, but have since gotten into another school and waitlisted at another. I wont be attending my original school, but dont know if I will be attending the second or third school. Does anyone know if there is a deadline on deciding where to go? or what I'll have to do to change my designated school?

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

They prefer to know as soon as possible, but as long as you don't start somewhere you can decide at the eleventh hour. If you have any questions talk to your recruiter. If they seem unawares, call the program mgr Kimberly Frisco (?).

They may pressure you to commit to a school early, but I've heard of people waiting till the last moment.

I was told that I have until sometime in May before they require a decision. I'm sure that it is possible to change your mind after that--but probably not nearly as easy as it is before.