HPSP Eligibility Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

2007PreDent

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
It says on all the armed forces website that the applicant has to "Be a citizen of the United States", my question is, if you are a Legal Permanent Resident and are a handful of months away from your US citizenship, could the applicant still apply?

blankguy

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
It says on all the armed forces website that the applicant has to "Be a citizen of the United States", my question is, if you are a Legal Permanent Resident and are a handful of months away from your US citizenship, could the applicant still apply?

Talk to the recruiters. I think as long as you are a citizen by the time you sign up it should be fine.

EDIT:
I think you can be eligible if you are a permanent resident.

2007PreDent

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Talk to the recruiters. I think as long as you are a citizen by the time you sign up it should be fine.

EDIT:
I think you can be eligible if you are a permanent resident.

Not according to the Navy, AF and Army recruits I talked too. All said that I need to the a US Citizen to become an Officers or a Military Personnel. Can you share exactly how LPR can qualify towards that program?

MaxAnn

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
You have to be a citizen. One recruiter I talked to said that he didn't travel to some schools anymore because there were so many alien students. Whatever that means. It was what he said though.