SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

HPSP Eligibility Question

Discussion in 'Military Dentistry' started by 2007PreDent, Mar 5, 2007.

  1. 2007PreDent


    Mar 5, 2007
    It says on all the armed forces website that the applicant has to "Be a citizen of the United States", my question is, if you are a Legal Permanent Resident and are a handful of months away from your US citizenship, could the applicant still apply?
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. blankguy

    blankguy 7+ Year Member

    Aug 11, 2003
    Talk to the recruiters. I think as long as you are a citizen by the time you sign up it should be fine.

    I think you can be eligible if you are a permanent resident.
  4. 2007PreDent


    Mar 5, 2007
    Not according to the Navy, AF and Army recruits I talked too. All said that I need to the a US Citizen to become an Officers or a Military Personnel. Can you share exactly how LPR can qualify towards that program?
  5. MaxAnn

    MaxAnn 10+ Year Member

    Aug 1, 2006
    You have to be a citizen. One recruiter I talked to said that he didn't travel to some schools anymore because there were so many alien students. Whatever that means. It was what he said though.

Share This Page