HPSP for Au.D?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

crna

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does any branch of the military offer the HPSP scholarship for the doctor of audiology program? I cannot find info for this anywhere, I would think that the army would be actively recruiting Au.D's

Members don't see this ad.

Does any branch of the military offer the HPSP scholarship for the doctor of audiology program? I cannot find info for this anywhere, I would think that the army would be actively recruiting Au.D's

Doesn't looks like audiology is covered under the HPSP scholarship, but I'd double check with a recruiter just to make sure. For the Army, those medical specialties that qualify for HPSP are listed next to the job title:
http://www.goarmy.com/amedd/m_service/corps_careers.jsp

Here's Air Force:
http://www.airforce.com/opportunities/healthcare/education/

Navy:
http://www.med.navy.mil/sites/navme...rofessionsscholarshipprogram_prospective.aspx

Since your name is CRNA, I was just wondering if you are a nurse anesthestist? The military is dying to have you guys if so.

Audiology is not covered under the scholarship, I know this for a fact. I tried this route.. but audiology is not covered (Optometry is... ugh!). Anyways, good luck!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I visited an Au.D school last week and they gave me info on the navy's new program where they cover your full tuition plus an additional $1900 per month for anything else. According to financial aid this is new, i'm not sure if this is the same thing you are referring to our not. You do have to serve after you graduate for 3 years (in an AuD position of course). I am looking into this. I have a brochure on it as well as the number for a recruiter if you need me to provide it.

I visited an Au.D school last week and they gave me info on the navy's new program where they cover your full tuition plus an additional $1900 per month for anything else. According to financial aid this is new, i'm not sure if this is the same thing you are referring to our not. You do have to serve after you graduate for 3 years (in an AuD position of course). I am looking into this. I have a brochure on it as well as the number for a recruiter if you need me to provide it.

Thats great! I would never join the Navy.. just bad experiences personally!!

:D good luck!

That is really interesting! I think army, navy, and air force all do 4th year externships, but I never heard about any of them paying your way through the AuD program.

I talked with army audiologists at AAA and they basically said get back to them when i'm a third year student.

Post all the info you have!!

Remember usually you will have to serve the same amount of time in the military for the time you spend in graduate school. It is a life changer. Weigh all your options before choosing to serve your country. I served 4 years in the air force before starting college and it is an unique culture that most people cannot deal with well. Getting school payed for is great, but you will sacrifice a portion of your life for the funding. Good luck either way.