HPSP Navy school orders

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cmerrickm

Reaction score
Hello! Just a quick question: the school orders I received through email say I "CANNOT go overseas or on vacation" without any other specifications but on the Navy website it says this "You CANNOT go overseas or on vacation while on school orders. You can still go on weekend excursions in your local area, but you must stay within 300 miles of your school.". Can anyone clarify what that means or which one is correct/which one I should follow? I would like to visit my family who lives about 150 miles from me. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Those are the same thing in Navy terms. You have to be on leave when you depart the local area. They are giving you a friendly definition of local area (not quite as good as all of Europe but that was a long time ago).

For someone on HPSP clerkship orders, what is the 2 week quarantine period looking like? Zoom meetings? Online curriculum?
Also, what uniforms should I bring for the July-Aug timeframe?

Members don't see this ad :)
For someone on HPSP clerkship orders, what is the 2 week quarantine period looking like? Zoom meetings? Online curriculum?
Don’t know about the quarantine, maybe ask the place you are rotating with?
Uniforms pretty much khakis and nwus. If you are interviewing summer whites or sdb. (Ask the residency though)

Thanks!
As an AF guy transitioning to Navy, what color of boots do they allow? Are coyote brown suede allowed, or do they expect you to do black?

Black boots are the Only ship-board certified boots for NWU’s and is the official boot. Coyote brown have to be command approved to wear (most places are but don’t make the assumption)

Reactions: 1 user
Looking like this for me thus far:
1591751293050.png

Like one of the other posters said, NWU or khakis will be enough 99.99% of the time. Think I was sitting at 95% NWU/scrubs and 5% khakis by the end of my clerkship year. For USUHS I believe they are doing online during quarantine period, if any. I'm not sure if y'all would be with the USUHS med studs or civillian med studs though.
I could probably give you a more detailed answer if I knew which MTF you were wondering about.