HPSP vs HCSP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jerr

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone can shed a light the advantage / disadvantage between the two? :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone can shed a light the advantage / disadvantage between the two? :confused:

If you do a search in this forum, you will see this discussed extensively. To help you make your decision easier, if you told us where you are going to go to school we could help you make the decision. I have no problems filling in the blanks for you, but to tell you all the ins and outs that would take a while - a lot longer than it would for you to do a quick search.

What Navy DDS 2010 just said is true.

I'll give ya a quick reader's digest at a glance view between the two.

If you
1) Have a family
2) Have in-state or very low-cost dental education
3) Have past military experience, or plan to make the military a career

then the HSCP is the better plan between the two

If you have out of state or private school tuition rates then the HPSP is a no-brainer.

Members don't see this ad :)
HCSP is only offered in the navy though correct?

HCSP is only offered in the navy though correct?
Correct. I don't know much about the National Guard program, but it appears to be a watered down version of the HSCP kinda.

I am also interested in HPCP and only navy's got that.

If you have a family, how is HPCP more beneficial than the HPSP route? i can't find this answer anywhere.

I am also interested in HPCP and only navy's got that.

If you have a family, how is HPCP more beneficial than the HPSP route? i can't find this answer anywhere.

HSCP will place you on active duty while in school, so you and your family will be covered under Tricare Prime health insurance. HPSP will only provide health insurance if your school requires it, but it will not cover your family.

thanks! is there any other difference between hpcp and hpsp?