Hpsp?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MaxAnn

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If someone has sworn in, but not received any tuition, stipend, or bonus, etc, what are they steps, if any, they can take to get out of the HPSP or obligation to the service?

Members don't see this ad.

If someone has sworn in, but not received any tuition, stipend, or bonus, etc, what are they steps, if any, they can take to get out of the HPSP or obligation to the service?

I would post this in Military Medicine as well. There are more people there and I'm guessing the process would be the exact same.

Members don't see this ad :)
Actually, cross posting is in violation of SDN's terms of agreement.

A little rant. This kind of annoys me. Here is a situation where posting in another forum would clearly get this guys question answered more effectively and not create undue annoyance for other users, but it is technically a violation of the terms of service. I know that you are a newly minted mod, but I think you should apply some discretion instead of being so draconion ....at least that's what I think. Nothing peronsal, just what I think.

I would call the HPSP office to get the most accurate info. I dont see why they wouldn't let you off the hook if you haven't been paid. Worst case scenerio, I'm sure you can get a lawyer to take care of you.

We had a guy in our class that resigned before he got any money. Wife talked him out of it.

If you want out of your scholarship.. you might need a lawyer. The military is hard up for dentists right now and since you've put your name on the dotted line; you belong to Uncle Sam. Since you haven't taken any money, you might be in the clear. Take it from someone who has been in for a little while... NO ONE GETS OUT OF THEIR CONTRACTS. You guys need to be really sure you know what you are getting into before you sign into the services these days. The money sounds great now, but you are really going to be working for it once you graduate.