HPV is associated with 90% of ovarian cancers...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

illegallysmooth

Smooth member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
According to COMBANK.

How am I supposed to feel good about studying now? I feel like screaming at them. My test is in 3 days and this is what I get? WHAT ARE THE QUALIFICATIONS OF THEIR QUESTION WRITERS?? It wasn't a typo. The whole question was about a 50 yr old woman who was sexually promiscuous in her younger years and developed ovarian cancer. The explanation went on to say...

"This patient's age, history of smoking and early coitus, symptoms, and multiparity make ovarian cancer a very likely diagnosis. HPV infection is the most important risk factor since 90% of ovarian cancers are related to HPV infection. Early coitus increases the risk of HPV infection. CA-125 is elevated in over 80% of women with ovarian cancer"

:mad:

Someone please tell me that the COMLEX, despite being poorly written (from what I've heard), will be more accurate.

Members don't see this ad.

Couldn't say about COMLEX, but COMBANK for step 2 doesn't get any better. Just about every question I did had either grammatical or conceptual errors, until I gave up on it.

Seeing as you're at LECOM-B, you'll find this out very shortly.

According to COMBANK.

How am I supposed to feel good about studying now? I feel like screaming at them. My test is in 3 days and this is what I get? WHAT ARE THE QUALIFICATIONS OF THEIR QUESTION WRITERS?? It wasn't a typo. The whole question was about a 50 yr old woman who was sexually promiscuous in her younger years and developed ovarian cancer. The explanation went on to say...

"This patient's age, history of smoking and early coitus, symptoms, and multiparity make ovarian cancer a very likely diagnosis. HPV infection is the most important risk factor since 90% of ovarian cancers are related to HPV infection. Early coitus increases the risk of HPV infection. CA-125 is elevated in over 80% of women with ovarian cancer"

Someone please tell me that the COMLEX, despite being poorly written (from what I've heard), will be more accurate.

wow, 3 times in one explanation.

According to COMBANK.

Welcome to Combank. I probably submit 2-3 angry feedback forms with each block I do on there.

Members don't see this ad :)
Welcome to Combank. I probably submit 2-3 angry feedback forms with each block I do on there.

It's seriously awful. I would say 75% of the questions have a typo. The last question I did said that cell division occurs during S phase.

So I shouldn't buy combank?

Apparently the style of the questions on COMBANK is very similar to COMLEX, so that is beneficial. I guess it depends what kind of person you are. Do you get angry when you see spelling and grammatical errors on signage or ads, or your own tests? Does seeing inappropriately used quotation marks cause you to lose a little faith in the entire country?

Apparently the style of the questions on COMBANK is very similar to COMLEX, so that is beneficial. I guess it depends what kind of person you are. Do you get angry when you see spelling and grammatical errors on signage or ads, or your own tests? Does seeing inappropriately used quotation marks cause you to lose a little faith in the entire country?

Lol. If this is what comlex is all about, my med school has prepared me well

COMBANK told me you treat a posterior fibular head with muscle energy by inverting and plantar flexing, and that a certain group of Indians are native to the southwestern US and Mexico.

"You decided to discontinue captopril in this patient because in the first trimester the studies in animals have shown adverse effects on the fetus and there are no controlled studies in women or studies in women and animals are not available."

:bang:

Last edited:
COMBANK told me you treat a posterior fibular head with muscle energy by inverting and plantar flexing, and that a certain group of Indians are native to the southwestern US and Mexico.

Have you heard the one yet about the caliper ribs that change the a/p diameter of the chest? Lulz

lol we were just talking about this question today, that is just not correct. I've finished half the qbank, i might have actually gotten dumber

According to COMBANK.

just so you know, students write the qbank. if you finish with over an 80 percent, which anyone in my opinion from LECOM Bradenton who was at or above average for PBL could easily do, they offer you a job writing questions. ABSURD

just so you know, students write the qbank. if you finish with over an 80 percent, which anyone in my opinion from LECOM Bradenton who was at or above average for PBL could easily do, they offer you a job writing questions. ABSURD

Wow.

I just got a COMQUEST subscription and so far those seem to be better written overall. I obviously can't say the exam questions are exactly like what I will see on test day, but they seem to be closer to what I saw on my COMSAE than what COMBANK has.

Test is tomorrow. I've given up for now. I learned nothing at all from 1k combank questions

Wow this thread is very interesting. Students teaching students the wrong information through a question bank? I've heard it all. :thumbdown: