Hsph

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pedsid

5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard from Harvard yet?

Members don't see this ad.

pedsid said:
Has anyone heard from Harvard yet?

i still haven't heard, either, but have heard from the majority of others i've applied to. it says on their "application instructions" that we should know by mid-march, but that seems pretty vague; i can't imagine that it should take that long. someone else mentioned that they haven't heard yet, either. good luck.

My one thought on why Harvard might take longer than other schools (other than we've all been rejected) is that they have two application deadlines for the MPH; Dec and Feb. Granted Dec is supposed to be the "early" or priority application deadline, so you'd think you hear sooner, but who knows.

Members don't see this ad :)
In case anyone is still wondering... Harvard decisions were released online today. You can access your decision through the online application form (I made the Dec deadline; I don't know if this is true for Feb applications). I was... accepted.

yeah ... I just found out today too! How exciting. I'm trying to figure out what to do Hopkins vs. Harvard ... I'm assuming there are several people in the same boat. If so ... what are you thinking, how are you going to decide?

Harvard cheaper than hopkins and 2 months shorter ... still, I'm up in the air.

I don't know how I'm going to make my decision (I have another post about my decision dilemma). Cost isn't a factor for me because I have a fellowship that is paying for my MPH. Harvard is 2 months shorter, which could be a good or bad thing, depending on your outlook. I haven't looked that closely at the Harvard curriculum yet, but since Hopkins is summer plus 4 terms, you get to take way more classes. The major consideration should probably be what you want to do after and what your interests are and which program better suits them and will ultimately offer you more opportunities. Anyhow... we'll see...

Hey all,
I also got word, and recieved acceptance to HSPH. I was just wondering where everyone is from, I think it would be nice to get to know/chat with people who may be going to the same place, to get more input. As for me I am a MS2 at UCLA. I would say "PM me for more" but I just signed up for SDN today, and dont really know wat PM is. Anyways, hope to get to chat with some of you.

:)

Hi, I also checked online to see and I got in (SM program in epi)!!!It's so surreal and exciting! I'm worried though because I'm straight out of undergrad (I'm a senior). Does anyone know what the stats on people going to HSPH are? Are most people health professionals?

a11ysa11y said:
Hi, I also checked online to see and I got in (SM program in epi)!!!It's so surreal and exciting! I'm worried though because I'm straight out of undergrad (I'm a senior). Does anyone know what the stats on people going to HSPH are? Are most people health professionals?

I wouldn't worry about being straight out of undergrad in your program. You're actually talking about a slightly different program than we are (SM vs. MPH... I assume SM is like the master's). There are other thread about the difference between a MS in public health vs. MPH. The MPH program is for folks with a "professional" degree--I don't know if that makes them "health professionals" though, but it does mean that they're not coming straight out of undergrad. But I bet in the SM program there will be other folks straight out of undergrad, so you'll be just fine.

cali, PM is just a private message... I think the site emails you when you get one so you know it's there and you just have to click on Private Messages to read it and respond (which works just like posting on a board, but it only goes to the person whom you're PMing with).

betshsu said:
I wouldn't worry about being straight out of undergrad in your program. You're actually talking about a slightly different program than we are (SM vs. MPH... I assume SM is like the master's). There are other thread about the difference between a MS in public health vs. MPH. The MPH program is for folks with a "professional" degree--I don't know if that makes them "health professionals" though, but it does mean that they're not coming straight out of undergrad. But I bet in the SM program there will be other folks straight out of undergrad, so you'll be just fine.

cali, PM is just a private message... I think the site emails you when you get one so you know it's there and you just have to click on Private Messages to read it and respond (which works just like posting on a board, but it only goes to the person whom you're PMing with).

ok ! thanks!

so if any of you wants to chat, maybe on AIM or email, PM me!!!!!

:D

[All of you who got in HSPH, pls tell us your stats too..would be grateful, thanks.