Hsph

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

queerangel

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I think I made a gaffe with HSPH.I applied for thier MPH program in international health.But in my earlier communications with the school [admissions office]I expressed interest in epidemiology.Now will that affect my admission decision badly?Basically when I looked at the course curriculum I realized that international health suits me perfectly.Plus it has an elective in epidemiology which just makes it even better.Does anyone know if this matters?

:scared: :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

Doubt it. Were you talking to the office staff, or was it the admissions director? Even if it were the head of admissions, he/she must realize that there can be a lot of overlap between epi and international health and it isn't surprizing that somebody would waffle on which one is right for him/her.

Thankyou adcadet...just hope the admissions staff understands that ..They dont really have an epidemiology MPH at HSPH.Its a choice between "Clinical Effectiveness" [great program, but u need to have enrolled for a summer course before]..and "quantitative methods".So International health with an elective in epidemiology made lots more sense to me.

Members don't see this ad :)
queerangel said:
Thankyou adcadet...just hope the admissions staff understands that ..They dont really have an epidemiology MPH at HSPH.Its a choice between "Clinical Effectiveness" [great program, but u need to have enrolled for a summer course before]..and "quantitative methods".So International health with an elective in epidemiology made lots more sense to me.

I don't think it's a big deal at all ... people change concentrations here with ease ... i wouldn't stress about that.

pedsid said:
I don't think it's a big deal at all ... people change concentrations here with ease ... i wouldn't stress about that.

Thanx Pedsid.much relieved. :)