Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
  1. queerangel

queerangel Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Hi guys,
    I think I made a gaffe with HSPH.I applied for thier MPH program in international health.But in my earlier communications with the school [admissions office]I expressed interest in epidemiology.Now will that affect my admission decision badly?Basically when I looked at the course curriculum I realized that international health suits me perfectly.Plus it has an elective in epidemiology which just makes it even better.Does anyone know if this matters?

:scared: :confused:

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Adcadet

Adcadet Long way from Gate 27
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Doubt it. Were you talking to the office staff, or was it the admissions director? Even if it were the head of admissions, he/she must realize that there can be a lot of overlap between epi and international health and it isn't surprizing that somebody would waffle on which one is right for him/her.

4. queerangel

queerangel Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Thankyou adcadet...just hope the admissions staff understands that ..They dont really have an epidemiology MPH at HSPH.Its a choice between "Clinical Effectiveness" [great program, but u need to have enrolled for a summer course before]..and "quantitative methods".So International health with an elective in epidemiology made lots more sense to me.

5. pedsid

pedsid Member
    5+ Year Member

I don't think it's a big deal at all ... people change concentrations here with ease ... i wouldn't stress about that.

6. queerangel

queerangel Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student

Thanx Pedsid.much relieved. :)