HSPS question

Started by yuppers
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

yuppers

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am applying for a 4 year AF HPSP scholarship and I am now waiting to know whether I am accepted or not. However, some things have come up (family and personal issues) and I am wondering if it is best for me to continue to pursue this scholarship. I was told that I can back out of the HPSP up until I get some money. However, I need to know when you first started receiving money so I know the date at which I should have a final decision. Was it right before COT or early?
Thanks.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm pretty sure they have you sign a bunch of paper work a couple of weeks after you get the scholarship. I am pretty sure you aren't locked in till then.

Thanks for the response. So I have until roughly December to figure things out since the HPSP is pending on acceptance to a school. Right?
 
Once you find out if you get a scholarship you will have to accept it, which means signing a contract and taking an oath of office. Since the past couple of years all scholarships have been taken I wouldn't plan on waiting to long in making a decision. They have plenty of people willing to take them if you are unsure.