Huge error on previous AMCAS [Re-applicant]

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

whatisupdoc

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I made a huge huge error on my previous AMCAS application and need help on how to approach my application this year as a re-applicant. I realized too late during the 2015 cycle that my activities description was absent on 3 of my activities. I still have no idea how this happened but clearly I was careless, stupid, and not thorough during the 2015 cycle. I am reapplying this year and given that the previous AMCAS applications are on file, what is the best approach to this situation? Do I address the error directly? Focus on the improvements I've made for the past year? I could use some serious help. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Definitely focus on improvements. I think there is a section to say what you have changed from the previous cycle (I know there is for TMDSAS), and you may mention it, but it should not be your focus. Your focus now is to display how you are a very much improved version of your earlier self, and how you now deserve acceptance.

What were your stats/ ECs? Depending on your stature as an applicant, it may be that this mistake is rather small in scope.

not a huge error, think about the pile of apps and think about the reviewer. most ECs are not impressive and are excruciatingly repetitive. if the ECs you included cover the bases, ie clinical and community work experience, and you didn't leave out something really interesting, then it's a net positive to NOT pad out all the boxes. print out the PDF of your app, you'll see that the "empty" lines don't draw the eye in the massive stream of text.