Human vs. Ape

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Northerner

Coquettish Haberdasher
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is anyone else worried about apes encroaching on our scope of practice? I am.
I really am. Like....worried-enough-to-write-my-senator worried.

First they start getting dressed up in human clothes, making some of us look bad in the same outfit. Then they start making human-like gestures and facial expressions (you know, those big toothy grins). THEN they're being trained to do tasks....NEXT they'll be delivering primary care, then specializing, then SUB-specializing! Where does it end?!
Okay, I'm no elitist, but it's time we put these individuals in their place. Do your ape hop, flail your arms, wrap your arms around the neck of some hippy trainer, but stay out of the clinics.

Come to think of it...the guy I saw last week had a rather prominent forehead.

Members don't see this ad.

The rhesus monkeys in our lab drink Tang. And they're cute. There's days when I feel threatened.

Northerner said:
Is anyone else worried about apes encroaching on our scope of practice? I am.

Too late... ;)

chimp_doctor.jpg

Members don't see this ad :)
This thread deserves 5 golden stars :thumbup:

Ditka: 72 Human vs. Ape: -8

Seriously, we should extinct them now or we'll be screwed.

The apes are a red herring. It is the black people that must die!

Callogician said:

Hmm...not quite as funny.

Callogician said:

They are :(

Taken from http://www.heritage.org/Research/InternationalOrganizations/hl951.cfm

"Let me say a bit more about Uganda, another country I recently had the opportunity to visit. If Sudan is the best known humanitarian crisis, Northern Uganda is the least known and one of the worst in the world. More than 1.5 million Ugandans have fled their homes in fear of an individual known as Joseph Kony and the Lord’s Resistance Army. Kony is a psychopath and a tyrant, who reportedly wants to take over his country and run it according to his extremely distorted vision of a Christian nation based on the Ten Commandments. To wage this war, Kony has abducted tens of thousands of boys and girls. The boys are pressed into becoming child soldiers and porters; the girls become sex slaves and are doled out as wives to his lieutenants.

In the 20 years since this struggle began, Kony and his troops have butchered thousands of his fel*low countrymen.
More than 90 percent of the men, women, and children who live in the three main districts that make up the region now reside in IDP camps.

The conditions in these camps are shockingly bad. They have a soaring mortality rate, and more than 15 percent of the people are infected with HIV/ AIDS—three times the national average in Uganda."

What this article doesn't mention is the fact that the people are dying at a rate of 1000/week in the IDP camps, because the conditions are so incredibly deplorable.

How do I know? I've been there. The beautiful children in my avatar live there.

I don't know if you were attempting to be funny, or to stir the pot, or to make some sort of a point, but it was inappropriate. Please refrain from making these kinds of comments in the future. They *are* hurtful, and they aren't funny. Thanks for your consideration.

Cheers :)
~TL~

saradoor said:
Somehow I don't seem to get this one. :(

I don't either. Actually, it was quite offensive