Maroon

10+ Year Member
May 24, 2006
Status (Visible)
Many people are familiar with "Doctors Without Borders", a humanitarian organization where physicians (as well as other health professionals) give aid to people in need.

The website didn't mention anything specifically for dentists, but I was wondering are you guys familiar with any similar humanitarian organizations in which dentists can take part in?

Smilemaker100

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 25, 2004
Status (Visible)
Maroon said:
Many people are familiar with "Doctors Without Borders", a humanitarian organization where physicians (as well as other health professionals) give aid to people in need.

The website didn't mention anything specifically for dentists, but I was wondering are you guys familiar with any similar humanitarian organizations in which dentists can take part in?

I will direct you to an old thread:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=240864

DrJeff

Moderator Emeritus
Dec 1, 2000
Brooklyn, ct
Status (Visible)
  1. Dentist
Google the Hatian Health Foundation if you'd like to find out a bit about an organiztion. It was founded by(and still run by) an orthodontist, and has done some great work in the town of Jeremie, Haiti including building an entire clinic for medical and dental treatment.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.