Humanities Courses

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Flack Pinku

U lookin at my glasses??
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
What is the school that requires most of these Humanities courses?

Johns Hopkins Med School asks you for 24 credits of Humanities--do you need these BY the time you apply? That is right after Junior year, you must be done with 24 credits of Humanities??

Thanks a lot. :)

Members don't see this ad.

My question is does theatre classes count as a humanity. At my school they are kind of considered more of an Art as opposed to a humanity. Hopefully, they will count for hopkins tho, considering most of my theatre classes focused on script analysis. :confused: Maybe i should just call them, but as I am finishing up my theatre minor, i have no place to stick additional alternative humanities courses.

bump....does anyone know what all is included for humanities?

Members don't see this ad :)
Pretty much anything that's not math, science, business or engineering.

I graduated from Hopkins, and SMW is correct to state that anything that is not science, math, business, or engineering is considered to be humanities. Think humanities as being literature, english, foreign languages, history, philosophy, etc...

Theater would work too.

You DON'T have to have all 24 credits before applying. As long as you'll complete these courses before admission, the committee will be flexible. When I applied, the application had room for courses to be completed in the Senior year.

Good luck!

Originally posted by Ophtho_MudPhud
I graduated from Hopkins, and SMW is correct to state that anything that is not science, math, business, or engineering is considered to be humanities. Think humanities as being literature, english, foreign languages, history, philosophy, etc...

Theater would work too.

You DON'T have to have all 24 credits before applying. As long as you'll complete these courses before admission, the committee will be flexible. When I applied, the application had room for courses to be completed in the Senior year.

Good luck!

wow thanks a lot , my heart rate just came back to normal!