SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Humanities

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by medical22, Sep 8, 2001.

1. medical22

medical22 Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Jul 15, 2001
    What courses are included in Humanities? Many applications (such as NYU) ask us to list the humanities courses we have taken, but I'm not exactly sure which ones that would be.

What about history, computers, religion, speech, etc. courses? Where am I supposed to list those on the NYU app? They are just as important as the social sciences and foreign languages.

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. jdub

jdub Senior Member 10+ Year Member

Jul 27, 2001
    Albany, NY
    first of all, can you fit all of your courses in the space that they provide?

if not, it is okay to use excel or something like that to make an additional sheet.

also, i would just give a name to the classes that you feel don't quite fit under the title humanities, it could be "computers, religion, etc", type that title in the same column as "humanities" and list the courses you want next to and around it.

those other classes are important, and they just want you to list all of your course work. i doubt they are going to split hairs on whether you placed your extra classes in exactly the right spot.

best of luck.

4. leorl

leorl Physician Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Jan 2, 2001
    Don't list "computers" as humanities :). While they just might want your extra course work, you don't want to come across as ignorant either. Humanities - religion, philosophy, classics, history, etc.

5. rxfudd

rxfudd 1K Member 10+ Year Member

Feb 13, 2001
    Chicago suburbs
    I would even add foreign language as a humanity - you inevitably learn about culture when you learn a new language.