Humans can give monkeys the Staphylococcus aureus bacteria.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

1 Organism of ∞ Organisms

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Many diseases that we know today, many of which are infectious, originated from animal species and spread to the human species. Research done by the American Association for Microbiology found that S. aureus could be transferred from humans to monkeys and that pathogens could break the species barrier. Green monkeys in The Gambia were used as test subjects.

Members don't see this ad.

Many diseases that we know today, many of which are infectious, originated from animal species and spread to the human species. Research done by the American Association for Microbiology found that S. aureus could be transferred from humans to monkeys and that pathogens could break the species barrier. Green monkeys in The Gambia were used as test subjects.
Brass Monkeys can also get you very sick :horns:.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I know that there are a lot of cases of pet-human transfer of S. aureus (among others, and esp. in the world of veterinary medicine), so it would make sense that you could transfer colonization to monkeys.

Thank you for the information, don't think I'll use it in the long run, but I'll be sure to thank 1 organism of lemniscate organisms if I ever have a vendetta against green monkeys.

I don't see why you would not expect a Bacteria to transfer species like