-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Hunter college and sacred heart
Started by SIPT88
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I had an interview at Hunter College last week and it didn't take long. They didn't ask any hard questions, just more about yourself so just know yourself very well. Also they had an essay portion so definitely make time to come early if you are a slow writer. Other than that good luck!
do you mind sharing what the essay topic was?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I interviewed there and it was great; they are very down-to-earth. The essay wasn't bad. It was about how learning changes your perspective on things. In the interview they asked about my observation/volunteer experiences in PT, why I want to do PT, why I want to go to Hunter, a time when things didn't go the way I planned, etc.
same with me today, how long was your interview and who did you interview with?I interviewed there and it was great; they are very down-to-earth. The essay wasn't bad. It was about how learning changes your perspective on things. In the interview they asked about my observation/volunteer experiences in PT, why I want to do PT, why I want to go to Hunter, a time when things didn't go the way I planned, etc.
my topic was on a group member not contributing to the project and how you would handle the situation
Hi, I had an interview last Saturday with Hunter too, anyone hear back? I read on this forum that someone got an acceptance call the day after interview. Interviewer told me they would contact me in around 2 weeks.same with me today, how long was your interview and who did you interview with?
my topic was on a group member not contributing to the project and how you would handle the situation
Yeah, I got my unofficial acceptance right before Thanksgiving, even though my interviewer told me expect to hear back in January.Hi, I had an interview last Saturday with Hunter too, anyone hear back? I read on this forum that someone got an acceptance call the day after interview. Interviewer told me they would contact me in around 2 weeks.
So here’s how Hunter’s admission process works. Applicants with all the prereqs & a decent GPA move on to the next round. GPA is out of 100 points (current GPA*25) and interview is out of 100 points (essay is 15 points out of that). They take the two and average them so you have a score out of 100. From what I understand, they generally offer seats to the 40 people with the highest scores.
Now this is where things get a little less clear, so don’t quote me on this. But it appears that they “expedite” a number of interviews to before Thanksgiving (people who look promising? High GPAs? Who knows). At the info session I attended, Dr. Krasilovsky said that there would be some applicants with high enough scores that they would be somewhere in that top 40 regardless of how good the December interviewees were. So I had a 3.8 GPA (GPA score = 95/100) and apparently did well enough on the interview to receive a high enough score to be offered a seat slightly earlier. When I got the call, I was told that 10 applicants were being offered seats before Thanksgiving. That means there are at least 30 seats open (more, if people decline). I think they are waiting until all interviews are over to offer the remaining seats.
Hope that clears things up!
i also have a 3.8 GPA but didn't get the interview in novemberYeah, I got my unofficial acceptance right before Thanksgiving, even though my interviewer told me expect to hear back in January.
So here’s how Hunter’s admission process works. Applicants with all the prereqs & a decent GPA move on to the next round. GPA is out of 100 points (current GPA*25) and interview is out of 100 points (essay is 15 points out of that). They take the two and average them so you have a score out of 100. From what I understand, they generally offer seats to the 40 people with the highest scores.
Now this is where things get a little less clear, so don’t quote me on this. But it appears that they “expedite” a number of interviews to before Thanksgiving (people who look promising? High GPAs? Who knows). At the info session I attended, Dr. Krasilovsky said that there would be some applicants with high enough scores that they would be somewhere in that top 40 regardless of how good the December interviewees were. So I had a 3.8 GPA (GPA score = 95/100) and apparently did well enough on the interview to receive a high enough score to be offered a seat slightly earlier. When I got the call, I was told that 10 applicants were being offered seats before Thanksgiving. That means there are at least 30 seats open (more, if people decline). I think they are waiting until all interviews are over to offer the remaining seats.
Hope that clears things up!
. theres only 24 seats maximum every year for a graduating classwhat time was your interview and who did you interview with?Hi, I had an interview last Saturday with Hunter too, anyone hear back? I read on this forum that someone got an acceptance call the day after interview. Interviewer told me they would contact me in around 2 weeks.
Hmm, I'm not sure how they scheduled interviews then, but having a high GPA definitely helps! I mean, it counts for 50%.i also have a 3.8 GPA but didn't get the interview in november. theres only 24 seats maximum every year for a graduating class
I was told that they initially invite 40 students to fill 28 seats (because there is a final project in the last year...7 groups of 4 students). But who knows.
i was told they have 24 seats with 8 groups of 3. my friend is in the program now and his class only has 22 students (2 decided to not join the program right before it started). either way its fine i don't mind waiting for the call to see whether or not I was accepted. which other school are you waiting on?Hmm, I'm not sure how they scheduled interviews then, but having a high GPA definitely helps! I mean, it counts for 50%.
I was told that they initially invite 40 students to fill 28 seats (because there is a final project in the last year...7 groups of 4 students). But who knows.
edit: my mistake, it is a class of 28, you are correct
Last edited:
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 2K