Hunter post bacc or Queens college pre-requisite

Started by pilotony
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

pilotony

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have question for all of you guys in the NYC area. I'm enrolled for fall 05 in Queen college. I already have a BS degree ( took phys 1, 2). I only need to take the science classes bio1,2, chem1,2, org1,2, biochem, etc... besides the linkage program from hunter to med school Cornell or Stony, what are the advantages or disadvantages of attending either school. I will appreciate your opinions..
 
Don't take the classes at Queens or Hunter. I would recommend City College and York College. City College has an outstanding post-bac program with first-rate advising. The intro Chem class is not the best there so I would recommend taking it at York (which is what I did) but you will not find a better Orgo Class or Bio Department (all classes including intro and genetics, cell/molecular. micro etc). So long as you take 6 classes there, they can do a composite pre-med letter for you. Biochem was excellent at York too.

I have been very fortunate and very gotten some interviews at great places. I am in Chicago now and will be interviewing at Pritzker tomorrow (my first choice). They really do a great job advising students and there is a tremendously supportive post-bac community at City.

More questions? PM me.
 
pilotony said:
I have question for all of you guys in the NYC area. I'm enrolled for fall 05 in Queen college. I already have a BS degree ( took phys 1, 2). I only need to take the science classes bio1,2, chem1,2, org1,2, biochem, etc... besides the linkage program from hunter to med school Cornell or Stony, what are the advantages or disadvantages of attending either school. I will appreciate your opinions..


What is the hunter program? Is it a direct link to cornell?