HY Behavioral Science vs Kaplan Behavioral Science

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pewl

The Dude Abides
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any opinions?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Buhdump.

I've got HY Behavioral Sciences . . . worth actually reading? Definitely more stuff in there than what's covered in FA (obviously). I was planning on at least doing FA + browsing through the UWash site + going through a bunch of the questions MilkmanAl was kind enough to distribute. I don't wanna go nuts on this stuff, but if anyone has a good idea of where to focus my energy, gee that'd be swell.

I like the Kaplan videos. This man is just talks REALLY slow....
What year are you referring to, and how many videos are there for behavioral science?

I suck balls at behavioral science. I wish it was like double dare, so I could just take the physical challenge.

Double Dare is the best game show of all-time, by the way.

This might be kind of a long shot, but if anyone has HY BS handy, on p.38 it says a lesion in the reticular formation will caused INCREASED REM sleep and INCREASED Ach . . . but wouldn't those both be signs of hyperfunctioning of the reticular formation? Just a few pages earlier it talks about Ach and the reticular formation causing increased REM . . .

Just want to make sure I'm not crazy.

This might be kind of a long shot, but if anyone has HY BS handy, on p.38 it says a lesion in the reticular formation will caused INCREASED REM sleep and INCREASED Ach . . . but wouldn't those both be signs of hyperfunctioning of the reticular formation? Just a few pages earlier it talks about Ach and the reticular formation causing increased REM . . .

Just want to make sure I'm not crazy.

hmm I left the book at my apt I'll look later, but you are right about the actions of ACh and REM sleep. so I imagine you're correct in this being an error.. is there any website out there with errata for the HY series?