HY Cell and Molec Bio Consensus?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DreamRavyn

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know that it's been a while since this topic has come up (or at least, I was unable to find a recent thread on this), but is it the general consensus that the 1999 edition of HY Cell/Molec Bio is superior to the more recent one, however, it is far more rare/expensive? Some friends of mine are hounding me for my 1999 edition, and I just wanted to figure out if they're justified or not ...

Members don't see this ad.

I know that it's been a while since this topic has come up (or at least, I was unable to find a recent thread on this), but is it the general consensus that the 1999 edition of HY Cell/Molec Bio is superior to the more recent one, however, it is far more rare/expensive? Some friends of mine are hounding me for my 1999 edition, and I just wanted to figure out if they're justified or not ...

Just check the latest stock watch on Amazon.

I bought mine before the huge upswing in "value" for $15. Nowadays, it's over $100. I can't wait to sell mine after I'm done with Step I.

It's a stellar book, I'm using it this summer to scan through all the basic science covered in year 1. It is real succinct, and I'm typing notes out of it for use (tha's how I learn). I'll annotate once I print them out, and then use those annotations to annotate First Aid. I know, it takes ALOT before something is ingrained into my brain.

I would probably allow them to borrow it; however, I'd ultimately sell it on the internet, no friend is gonna shell out the overpriced value of this book.