Hydrocephalus

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
R

rosetabor

Hi I am just writing to see if anyone can shed some light on my situation because I am at a stand still. I was diagnosed with Hydrocephalus last August at the age of 24. Since then I have had 9 surgeries, 5 or 6 differant shunts and 3 subdurals removed. They have moved the shunt to the left side after the previous one on my right side actually popped thru my skin. Since these last two surgeries in May I have had a stiff neck that got so bad I have actually gone to the ER. My current dr said it is the way I was positioned on the table during surgery and it should go away in a couple of months! It was also discovered that I have an arachnoid cyst wrapped around my brain stem but I have been told they cause no problems. I have constant head and neck pain. I tend lose my balance and I have double vision and dizziness everyday. My arms and hands fall asleep and will stay asleep for an hour at a time. If there is anyone that knows anything please respond or e-mail me @ [email protected] Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

There are many people on this message board that know a lot of things. Unfortunately, I am not sure anybody has anything they can help with through the internet. You might want to get a 2nd or 3rd opinion from a neurologist and neurosurgeon, preferably at a large institution where they have experience in complicated conditions.