You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Hydrocodone CII Day...how'd it go?
Started by Carboxide
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Everything was moved to the safe. We counted all of them. The world didn't 'splode.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Lot fewer phone calls. Handful of angry patients but not too many. Thankfully we get to keep them (the pills, not the patients) in cells. Hoping we still get more tech hours but not really that optimistic about it.
I guess on the entertaining side, had one pain clinic doc who didn't know about the change, thought it was next year rofl.
I guess on the entertaining side, had one pain clinic doc who didn't know about the change, thought it was next year rofl.
Last edited:
only a few.....but Im sure those with refills will come in time
Fraternity brother in Austin text me this morning about a patient calling his pharmacy "worse than ISIS" when he couldn't get a refill. Here in DFW it has been fine, although I've had to do some face slapping of some resident who told me "since hydrocodone went C2 I guess I'll just have to start calling in Vicodin". No no NO! Gotta whip these guys into shape.
I had a Tylenol #3 called in and it made me think, "No surprise there". I also had Tussionex faxed in, guess she missed the memo. I didn't have anyone yelling about it yet though. I guess I need to give it more time.
Everything was moved to the safe. We counted all of them. The world didn't 'splode.
Well that seems unlikely.
I'm interested as well. Particularly how it went for the LTC crowd.
LTC/ALF was not bad. We've spent the last few weeks educating our facilities about the change. Also (in FL at least), we get a little leeway in how we can go about filling CIIs for LTC facilities. The most difficult call was actually from a pharmacy wanting to transfer hydrocodone from us lol.
We had one person who couldn't understand why they couldn't get their refill. Think they ended up muttering something about having the doc call in a new one. Luckily we get to keep ours on the fast rack, we did not have room in the safe and no one was moving to have new cabinets installed. I hadn't thought about it, but we did have far fewer voicemails for a monday. I guess that's one good thing to come out of this.
We had one person who couldn't understand why they couldn't get their refill. Think they ended up muttering something about having the doc call in a new one. Luckily we get to keep ours on the fast rack, we did not have room in the safe and no one was moving to have new cabinets installed. I hadn't thought about it, but we did have far fewer voicemails for a monday. I guess that's one good thing to come out of this.
I also enjoyed tossing faxes instead of typing them
It's business as usual.
In reality, I hate to log 15 extra scripts to the book everyday and I hate updating real time pill count at every dispensing. Before, I would give a rat ass if one pill rolls over to the black hole, or if I have a broken pill I'd just chuck it. Now, I have to be extra vigilant when counting so it does not go to the black hole.
In reality, I hate to log 15 extra scripts to the book everyday and I hate updating real time pill count at every dispensing. Before, I would give a rat ass if one pill rolls over to the black hole, or if I have a broken pill I'd just chuck it. Now, I have to be extra vigilant when counting so it does not go to the black hole.
It's business as usual.
In reality, I hate to log 15 extra scripts to the book everyday and I hate updating real time pill count at every dispensing. Before, I would give a rat ass if one pill rolls over to the black hole, or if I have a broken pill I'd just chuck it. Now, I have to be extra vigilant when counting so it does not go to the black hole.
Imagine counting out of 500 pill bottles. Ugh. It was annoying.
worked retail today, no major problems. It went much smoother than I expected.
I don't miss perpetual inventory .. does anyone besides Kroger require this?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don't miss perpetual inventory .. does anyone besides Kroger require this?
depends on your state, some states require it by law.
I think CVS does by policy as well. I don't think it is a law here.I don't miss perpetual inventory .. does anyone besides Kroger require this?
It was already c2 in NY... so easy breezy.
I'm in between jobs so I am not in the loop. My question is regarding ordering. Can you simply order hydrocodone products like before or do you have to order with a Form 222/CSOS?
Also does this CII classification and logging apply to the liquid Hydrocodone products?
Thanks
Also does this CII classification and logging apply to the liquid Hydrocodone products?
Thanks
You must order with other C2s (222 or CSOS), and it applies to everything with Hydrocodone in it.I'm in between jobs so I am not in the loop. My question is regarding ordering. Can you simply order hydrocodone products like before or do you have to order with a Form 222/CSOS?
Also does this CII classification and logging apply to the liquid Hydrocodone products?
Thanks
Went great at my store (Walmart), but we've also spent a lot of lead time educating about the upcoming change and have been storing, logging and treating the hydrocodone products as if they were already C2 for about a month now...including switching to 100 count bottles. Seeing a lot more Tylenol #3 scripts, though.
Does your state not allow the filling of Hydrocodone Rxs and their refills that were issued prior to 10/6/14? (Like Missouri and Hawaii I think--they can't honor the DEA proposal because their sate law is stricter).LTC/ALF was not bad. We've spent the last few weeks educating our facilities about the change. Also (in FL at least), we get a little leeway in how we can go about filling CIIs for LTC facilities. The most difficult call was actually from a pharmacy wanting to transfer hydrocodone from us lol.
In Texas..all of those HCP RXs issued prior to 10/6/14 and that have refills are to be handled as schedule III with the exception of the perpetual inventory requirement. So a single transfer between pharmacies that don't share a computer network would be allowed as long as the date of fill was within 6 months of the original date of that RX issued prior to 10/6/14.
Edit: just noticed you mentioned LTC in your post.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 3K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 3K