Hyperthyroidism w/choriocarcinoma - shared alpha subunit of FSH/LH/hCG/TSH

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

loveoforganic2

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I know choriocarcinoma can induce a state of hyperthyroidism. I'm mostly curious about other possible implications of the shared alpha subunit between these four hormones. Can hydatidiform moles induce hyperthyroidism? Does choriorcarcinoma also have an affect on stimulating LH/FSH receptors (potentially leading to high androgens/estrogens or some such)? Can primary hypothyroidism cause high enough TSH to stimulate other receptors?

TYIA

Members don't see this ad.

So I know choriocarcinoma can induce a state of hyperthyroidism. I'm mostly curious about other possible implications of the shared alpha subunit between these four hormones. Can hydatidiform moles induce hyperthyroidism? Does choriorcarcinoma also have an affect on stimulating LH/FSH receptors (potentially leading to high androgens/estrogens or some such)? Can primary hypothyroidism cause high enough TSH to stimulate other receptors?

TYIA

I HaD 2-3 Kaplan Qbank queTions where The Answer ExplanationS Agreed With all Examples You Listed.

YWIA

I HaD 2-3 Kaplan Qbank queTions where The Answer ExplanationS Agreed With all Examples You Listed.

Thanks. Now what's with your typing? Half the time it's normal, half the time you capitalize the 1st letter of every word And It Is Sometimes Strange To Read Sentences Written In That Manner

Thanks. Now what's with your typing? Half the time it's normal, half the time you capitalize the 1st letter of every word And It Is Sometimes Strange To Read Sentences Written In That Manner

Ha! It's My Cell Phone. Weird Thing Is That It Only creates The caps On These Forums (Not Facebook).
EachTime I replace The Capitalized Letter With A Lowercase Letter, It ReCapitalizes The Letter. sorry:oops:Sorry

Members don't see this ad :)
Ha! It's My Cell Phone. Weird Thing Is That It Only creates The caps On These Forums (Not Facebook).
EachTime I replace The Capitalized Letter With A Lowercase Letter, It ReCapitalizes The Letter. sorry:oops:Sorry

:laugh: np, just curious. Thanks again

TYIA