I am a suboxone patient, ask me anything!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

seattle22

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello! I am a Suboxone patient. I have been reading for the last few days and wanted to start an ask me anything thread. I will answer honestly and to the best of my ability. Please be nice I've read some nasty opinions about suboxone and the type of people who are on it. :(

I have been on Suboxone for 4 years. Before that I was on Methadone. Before that I used a variety of substances.

My first opiate use started at 16 with hydrocodone. Soon someone in the medical community began to divert my group of friends 40mg and 80mg oxycodone. As well as 800mcg fentayl Actiq. We were just kids, we did not understand what this would lead too.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hello! I am a Suboxone patient. I have been reading for the last few days and wanted to start an ask me anything thread. I will answer honestly and to the best of my ability. Please be nice I've read some nasty opinions about suboxone and the type of people who are on it. :(

I have been on Suboxone for 4 years. Before that I was on Methadone. Before that I used a variety of substances.

My first opiate use started at 16 with hydrocodone. Soon someone in the medical community began to divert my group of friends 40mg and 80mg oxycodone. As well as 800mcg fentayl Actiq. We were just kids, we did not understand what this would lead too.

I'm not sure if you've cleared this with the moderators, but if you haven't they may not allow it to go ahead, especially considering this is your first post, and this is also a forum for Doctors so if patients participate we have to be very careful not to either a) be seen to be giving any sort of medical or treatment advice that we're not qualified to give, and b) that we don't inadvertently cause any of the actual Doctors on here to give out medical or treatment advice either, because they could get into a lot of trouble for that. I did an AMA myself a while back, I had to pretty careful how I answered things so as not to breach any of the forum's rules or terms of service. Just a little heads up for you, incase the thread gets locked or removed, don't assume it's because the Doctors on here all think badly of people battling addictions.

I'm a recovered heroin addict myself, been clean now coming up 13 years this year. Suboxone wasn't widely available when I was in treatment so I got clean with a slow taper methadone program and combined therapy. Stick with it, and you can make it out the other side - I started taking drugs when I was 11 (marijuana) and became an increasingly heavy user of whatever I could get my hands on from my teen years and throughout most of my 20's - then heroin, ended up on the streets, ended up working the streets...yeah it wasn't a good life, I like being clean much better. Good luck to you. :)

Reactions: 1 user
What is the best way to prevent USB 3.0 RF signals emanating from my flash drive from interfering with my 2.4 GHz wireless mouse and keyboard?

Reactions: 1 users