" I am God", so she says

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chocomorsel

Removed
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
And as I interview her and she goes on and on about the revelations that are revealed to her thru the TV and the radio etc, etc I'm thinking to myself, Oh My God! I love, love, love this job. Now I can see what my fellow soon to be surgeons mean when they say that they get a rush cutting people open. I was getting completely excited talking to this woman and entertaining her delusions.

I have found my calling!!!! I can't wait to practice psych. Never a dull moment. Just had to share. Had a pretty darn good day. Yeh!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

And as I interview her and she goes on and on about the revelations that are revealed to her thru the TV and the radio etc, etc I'm thinking to myself, Oh My God! I love, love, love this job. Now I can see what my fellow soon to be surgeons mean when they say that they get a rush cutting people open. I was getting completely excited talking to this woman and entertaining her delusions.

I have found my calling!!!! I can't wait to practice psych. Never a dull moment. Just had to share. Had a pretty darn good day. Yeh!!!!

Once you meet several dozen of these "gods" and are left with the responsibility to treat them, the thrill of the interview won't be as, well, thrilling.

Woo, another convert? Hope you're interest in psych stays strong. If you're really interest in doing psych, I'd advise you to talk to Dr. Wigg, she's the best. I've talked to tons of psych residents around the state who converted over to psych because of their experience in psych coupled with Dr. Wigg's guidance.

Members don't see this ad :)
Woo, another convert? Hope you're interest in psych stays strong. If you're really interest in doing psych, I'd advise you to talk to Dr. Wigg, she's the best. I've talked to tons of psych residents around the state who converted over to psych because of their experience in psych coupled with Dr. Wigg's guidance.

Stay in surgery. Don't convert. Psychologists are chomping into the psychiatric cake by obtaining prescriptive authority. In ten years, several states will have passed prescriptive authority legislation. Salaries will suffer as the quality of behavioral healthcare becomes diluted.

Stay in surgery. Don't convert. Psychologists are chomping into the psychiatric cake by obtaining prescriptive authority. In ten years, several states will have passed prescriptive authority legislation. Salaries will suffer as the quality of behavioral healthcare becomes diluted.
Wow, how pessimistic. But I sorta feel ya. It is a little worrisome. Anyway, I hate surgery, so if I decide to do something else, it most likely will be ER.

Who is Dr. Wigg?

I read through another of your threads, one was in the "Singles" section I believe... so I assumed from the information there that you're from UTMB. If so, you have to look up Dr. Wigg if you're serious about psychiatry, or at least do an elective with her. Dr. Wigg is the residency program director at UTMB.

definitely go talk to her, utmb is notorious for people who love their field... :p

Psychologists are chomping into the psychiatric cake by obtaining prescriptive authority. In ten years, several states will have passed prescriptive authority legislation. Salaries will suffer as the quality of behavioral healthcare becomes diluted.

The quality of behavioral healthcare becomes diluted? How do you come to that conclusion?

I read through another of your threads, one was in the "Singles" section I believe... so I assumed from the information there that you're from UTMB. If so, you have to look up Dr. Wigg if you're serious about psychiatry, or at least do an elective with her. Dr. Wigg is the residency program director at UTMB.

Oh, ok. I am in Austin doing my rotation here so I have no idea whom she is. But when I get back I will look her up.

And as I interview her and she goes on and on about the revelations that are revealed to her thru the TV and the radio etc, etc I'm thinking to myself, Oh My God!

How do you know she really isn't God? She may not need a psychiatrist or medicines at all. Tom Cruise would say you are being naive.

I agree with you PublicHealth entirely.

chocomorsel... stay in surgery or better yet go in the field of Neurology. if you want to focus on neurological disorders.