I am planning to drop 2 classes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hasan34

Reaction score
so I am doing my second semester and did pretty bad at general biology 1 and composition 2 because of a private issue I had after 4 weeks of beginning the semester . I have a lot of missing assignments to the point of not allowing me pass both of the classes so I want to drop them, my question is will that affect my gpa and me joining the med school at UIC?

Members don't see this ad.

so I am doing my second semester and did pretty bad at general biology 1 and composition 2 because of a private issue I had after 4 weeks of beginning the semester . I have a lot of missing assignments to the point of not allowing me pass both of the classes so I want to drop them, my question is will that affect my gpa and me joining the med school at UIC?
if it's your first two drops it's not that bad. Don't drop any more classes and get mostly As and you will do fine. Don't focus on just 1 school though, applying broadly is your best chance at getting into medical school

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
if it's your first two drops it's not that bad. Don't drop any more classes and get mostly As and you will do fine. Don't focus on just 1 school though, applying broadly is your best chance at getting into medical school
thanks I appreciate it

If you can drop without the course showing a grade at the time u dropped then drop and retake. Don’t damage your gpa and u can explain a drop or withdrawal, such as the reasons u mentioned. always protect ur gpa as an undergrad