I am shadowing an anesthesiologist tommorow

Started by saildawg
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

saildawg

Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone,
I am currently a college student and I am shadowing a anesthesiologist tommorow. I have been reviewing the resources in the FAQ section, and I was wondering if anyone had any advice for me tommorow. Any things I should ask about specificly? Well, I am excited about tommorow and thanks in advance for any help.
 
saildawg said:
Hi everyone,
I am currently a college student and I am shadowing a anesthesiologist tommorow. I have been reviewing the resources in the FAQ section, and I was wondering if anyone had any advice for me tommorow. Any things I should ask about specificly? Well, I am excited about tommorow and thanks in advance for any help.

Ask about what drugs he/she is using and why. Ask about the machine, the intubation and what they look for when they perform the technique, and ask about the gas. They aren't expecting you to know much at all, so anything you want to ask about should be fair game.