I applied late, but I deserve to get interviews;

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

arvanmed

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Long story short my letters just got uploaded to my ERAS application. I am afraid I have lost the chance to get any interviews this year. My background:

3yrs research in Neuromuscular division of Neurology Dep at Baylor College of M. 10+ papers and abstracts. Won award from ACRM for my paper presentation. I had the chance to review more than 50 manuscripts for the red Journal and the Clin J of Pain. IMG ,Step 1: 201 I have the CS and will sit for the CK in a month. Good letters from 2 Neurologists and 1 PM&R. I observed multiple PM&R services in RIC, Baylor and U of Toronto.

I am sure my application never got to the hands of the PDs because of being incomplete and not so many programs will download new information from now on. I am sending this post here with the hope that someone sees my dedication to the field of PM&R and show me a way to present myself to his/her program.

BTW , Happy new year

Members don't see this ad.

Great help. I know that very well dear PMR2008, although the situations are totally different.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sit for your CK, pass it and than apply again next year. As an IMG you will likely not be ranked unless you pass the CK.

If I were the PD, I'd pass.

2 years missed application deadlines in a row?

If the work is not on time, then it is late.
Can be someone elses resident, I'd need worker bees, not researchers.

But hey, I'm in PP, so my opinion doesn't count.

My program finished interviewing in Dec. Most others likely have the remaining interview dates filled by now. Perhaps contacting programs to let them know youre complete could give you a shot at getting an interview?

If I were the PD, I'd pass.

2 years missed application deadlines in a row?

If the work is not on time, then it is late.
Can be someone elses resident, I'd need worker bees, not researchers.

But hey, I'm in PP, so my opinion doesn't count.

My opinion exactly

Thank you everyone for the input. Especially Taus, I started to call the programs since yesterday and it is really working. About 50% of the programs are done with sending out invitations. The rest are almost done with screening but still looking . I received the first invitation letter just now.