I can bring a guest to my interview, what should they wear?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

M&m419

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am interviewing for a DPT program in two weeks. The school sets up the interview as a full day with information sessions, breakfast and lunch, tours, and a mock class. They invite each interviewee to bring a guest with them to participate in the day (aside from the one on one interview). I will be wearing a suit obviously, but what should my guest wear? My guest is a male in his early 30s, but looks like he's in his early 20s. I want us both to look nice, but I don't want to over do it and go out and buy him a new suit too if we don't have to. Thanks for the feedback!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad.

^^agree, I think he would be just fine in non-jeans, and a shirt with a collar (either tie or no tie). I don't think a suit is necessary for a guest. Think "church clothes". Ok, ...."church clothes" when we were kids (I realize many people wear ripped jeans to church nowadays).

Non-suit is fine. I'd like to see a button-up shirt or polo tucked in with slacks & belt. Dress shoes or all-black/brown sneakers of course. Dress shoes are better if there is no physical lower extremity conditions.