What are my chances and how can I improve?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ngoyourself

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I’m planning on applying to the 2023-24 cycle and very nervous. I just wanted some insight on where I stand and how I can improve between now and when I submit my application. I’m hoping to submit around mid August.

Major: Kinesiology - movement science
cGPA: 3.61
pGPA: (Retake course grades replaced): ≈ 3.56
(Retake course grades averaged): ≈ 3.46
Last 60 GPA: ≈ 3.68 (was calculated for just undergrad, does last 60 also include post-baccalaureate?)
GRE: planning on taking early August (studying right now)
Observation hours: A little over 1000 hours as PT aide spread across 2 outpatient clinics (general ortho, neuro, cardiovascular, geriatrics, pediatrics, sports)
(hoping to get some SNF inpatient volunteer/shadowing within the next month)
LOR: 1 professor, 3 PTs
Extracurriculars: Fundraising Chair for Vietnamese Student Association at my university, looking into volunteer work within the next 2 months, possibly rekindling my connection with my local Kiwanis Club.
Plan on applying to: USASH (San Marcos), Chapman University, CSU Northridge, CSU Sacramento, CSU Long Beach, CSU Fresno, SDSU, Western University (Pomona), Samuel Merritt University, UCSF/SFSU, West Coast University, NAU

Right now my plan is to finish Statistics and Chem I over the summer, take the GRE, get inpatient hours and volunteer hours up, and submit my application with Bio II (Microbio) and Chem II in progress during Fall 2023. At this point I will go to any school that accepts me, I wouldn’t want to put all my eggs in one basket, which is why I am applying to so many schools. Would love some recommendations for other schools that have similar prereqs and accredited. Anything helps Thanks!!!

Members don't see this ad.

With your stats you should easily get in and you’re competitive, although we’re waiting on your GRE score. USAHS is an automatic acceptance with your stats and community credentials. I would probably look at and compare the tuitions and cost of living of all the universities you plan on attending because it seems like you're from the western US.

Reactions: 1 user
My stats were not as good as yours (cGPA: 3.54, pGPA: 3.2-3.3 depending on the school, GRE: 151/153 4.0) and I got into Fresno State, UOP, and SMU. I was waitlisted for UCSF/SFSU and CSULB. Rejected from SDSU and CSUN.

I think you should be fine! I would recommend working on more extracurriculars and volunteering in an inpatient setting! Make sure your essays are amazing and be prepared for your interviews. I don't think you will have any problem getting in.

Reactions: 2 users