I can only afford 1 or 2 NBME tests so which do you recommend I do?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WalterDandy

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
In reality, I can probably only afford the one so which do you think is the best all round evaluator of progress?

All thoughts appreciated, ta in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Our school already made us take #4, so I think I might go with 3...

how do you know which one you took at your school? We took a written NBME exam about 2 months ago, but I don't know how to tell which form that was. hmmmmm.... I would prefer not to pay again for a test I already took! :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)
how do you know which one you took at your school? We took a written NBME exam about 2 months ago, but I don't know how to tell which form that was. hmmmmm.... I would prefer not to pay again for a test I already took! :rolleyes:

That might have been the CBSE because a lot of schools give that as a written exam. It is different from the NBME forms that you can take online. Did you get a two digit score from the one you took at school?

I would do some combination of 3,4,or 6. I did 3,4,5,6 and thought that 3,4, and 6 were the most challenging in that order.

That might have been the CBSE because a lot of schools give that as a written exam. It is different from the NBME forms that you can take online. Did you get a two digit score from the one you took at school?
oh, wait, I think I took the CBSE #4

yeah there was a two digit score that corresponded to a "projected" USMLE score. they actually had to send out corrected score reports a few weeks later, I guess NBME miskeyed some questions or something:confused:

so that test has different questions than the practice tests that available online from NBME right?:oops:

edit: I just looked at my report, yes, it was the CBSE

Cool, I think I might plump for the NBME4 and the UWorld Assessment as the best use of my limited cash. I'll keep you posted how they work out...:)