1. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

I Can't Believe Case

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Doctor Octopus, Sep 26, 2002.

1. Doctor Octopus

Doctor Octopus Hospitalist
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I just found out I have an interview at Case!!!! This is awsome news. (congrats Zoobaby, I saw that you got one too) Here's the stupid stupid thing though. I just found out that they sent my invitation August 26th to the wrong address. I could have interviewed in early September, and increased my chances of getting in. On the paper app it said school address, so I put the address of my school. It didn't occur to me that they meant your "away address" since I'm a commuter. I am an idiot. I think someone else mentioned that they did this too, but I kept silent because I felt dumb. :(

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. xaelia

xaelia neenlet
    Physician Faculty 10+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Attending Physician
    Heh, congrats; you'll love Case. It's the nicest place I've seen so far (of Jeff, Pitt, Vandy).

Case is screwy with their mailings...they sent the paper secondary to my house in Oregon, but then I did actually get my interview invitation to my apartment (and my new one, at that, the day after I moved in).

4. Doctor Octopus

10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    yeah...I hope this blunder of mine didn't hurt me too much on the rolling admissions.

5. Zoobaby

Zoobaby Monkey Wrench
    7+ Year Member

Hey Octo, thanks! And congrats to you too. That stinks that they messed up, but I think you're still in very good shape.

:)

6. mws99

mws99 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

So, how did you find out you have an interview?

7. Doctor Octopus

10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Dr. Kirby came to my school (Cleve State) to talk to premeds about Case. I asked him about my file and he said he'd check. I got called the next day by admissions saying they mailed me a invitation on August 26th. I called back and scheduled an interview for Oct. 25th.