I can't even access AMCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mossjoh

Mayo Clinic-PGY2
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
When I'm on the AMCAS web page and I push "Apply Now" I get an error message saying "The Page Cannot be displayed"!!
Great, thanks a lot! Is this because of high traffic? Maybe it would be better to try in the middle of the night....just my thoughts! Or did the AMCAS application crash and burn?

Mossjoh

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah, I was just trying to log in to AMCAS and I got the same error message. Usually the computer processes for a while before displaying it, but now I get that message immediately. I'm starting to think that Mossjoh may be on to something and I also fear that AMCAS might be down for the count. Oh well, I'm sure those boobs lost my transcript anyway, so there's no rush. I'll apply in October. :)

I had no problems logging in about 1/2 hour ago. The system is as slow as always but I didn't get any error messages. Keep trying and hopefully you'll get it to work!

Members don't see this ad :)
If AMCAS were a car, it would be a 1979 VW Bug with a flat tire. And no muffler.

AMCAS is like my car. I have a car that can anticipate when I need it most, like when my dorm closes for a holiday or for the year, and without warning it betrays me. I think AMCAS is in cahoots with my car; this is the most inopportune time for it to have problems. I have an app to submit here! :mad: Grumble, grumble...

AMCAS dilemma strikes again!!! :D

Sigh.
crash.gif

:)(cue the choir a la Man On The Moon) :)

Hallelujah!

I accessed AMCAS just now! Oh, happy day! Now, I need to pray to everything holy that I have similar success tomorrow when I need to submit...

it has been working fine for me all day. just keep trying, don't get discouraged. good luck.

Well I've been trying all day to get in. Once i finally got in through one of the options that they made now... option 1 and option 2 or something along those lines... but alas, the sublinks inside that application werent working for me. It's really aggravating but we're the test dummies for this so its expected.

Good Luck to all those applying

I'm having the same problem as 4ever here. I am usually unable to log in to the app, and when I do, the bastard doesn't work. Now, I consider myself a pretty smart guy, and I've been bewildered in absolute thunk-your-head-against-the-wall puzzlement over this question: How does one submit an online application to medical school if said person cannot access the application online? Now, this question seems very simple to me, and I figure that someone who is planning on practicing medicine should be able to figure it out. However, all I've been able to think of are tattooing the pertinent info on my ass and FedExing photographs to them (too painful) or transmitting the app by mental telepathy (no go there--I don't have a guru who could do this). Maybe someone at AMCAS could fall into a trance and channel me? I could dictate my app, through an AMCAS lackey! Yeah! I need an old priest, and a young priest...

I've been trying since April to get a password and user name!!!!!

Yeah, I'm even using an ethernet connection at school and I can't seem to access it any faster than my modem connection at home.

Oh well.

crash.gif