i could really use some advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mcatsucksss

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
so my test is june 13. i am just finishing my 1st run of Uworld. i have NOT even started my 2nd run of FA yet. i bought the nbme 11 but havent taken it yet.
what should i do?
i feel like my main priority is to full plow FA at least once before taking the test. but should i take the nbme first? i am scared that itll take away from my reading time. i already kinda know where my weaknesses are (i am SO bad at pharm).
thanks a lot guys

Members don't see this ad.

so my test is june 13. i am just finishing my 1st run of Uworld. i have NOT even started my 2nd run of FA yet. i bought the nbme 11 but havent taken it yet.
what should i do?
i feel like my main priority is to full plow FA at least once before taking the test. but should i take the nbme first? i am scared that itll take away from my reading time. i already kinda know where my weaknesses are (i am SO bad at pharm).
thanks a lot guys

Will it change your test date or study strategy if you take the NBME? If yes, then take it.

If you're not going to act on the results of the NBME, then don't take it, is my advice. But to each his/her own.

i dont think i can reschedule my test unless i take a full year off which i dont want to do. i took a school sponsored NBME a few weeks ago and my estimated score was 225-230 (which i am very unconvinced about). but at the very least i know that if i go in now ill pass.

my main question i guess is that i spent $60 on the nbme... should I take FA 2nd read through time to do it or should i focus on the reading? im also kind of nervous to take the nbme (i really dont know where im at right now).
thanks

I'm in the same boat as you (well, I don't take it till the 15th, but am only 40% through UWorld) and I am betting that reading FA is going to be more useful than a practice test, esp. the NBME ones since you don't get great feedback from them.

Conclusion: Spend the time reading FA.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm in the same boat as you (well, I don't take it till the 15th, but am only 40% through UWorld) and I am betting that reading FA is going to be more useful than a practice test, esp. the NBME ones since you don't get great feedback from them.

Conclusion: Spend the time reading FA.

I tend to agree.

(In the grand scheme of a quarter million dollar medical education, $60 is peanuts.) :oops: