Step I Taking step 1 after IM rotations. Any advice helps!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

thatgirlmarss

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello future (and current) doctors! I am in a bit of a dilemma. My IM rotation is starting end of September and it is my first rotation. I have been studying for Step 1 but my scores are not too good, so I don't want to rush it and risk failing. I am very solid on biochem, immuno, heme, pharm & micro but I need more time to get better at the organ systems. My two options are take it in the next 3-4 weeks but risk failing, or take it after IM rotation (which will end mid-december, followed by 2 weeks of break). Please don't destroy me, I know I'm not in an ideal situation but I am trying to make the best of it.