I couldn't match this year even in 2nd iteration

Started by Ryan Lee
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Ryan Lee

Full Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello guys,

I applied for some of FM IM programs, however, I didn't match at all.

I passed EE, QE1 and got PGY-1 level CE1 score.
HOwever, I didn't get any interview.



So, how can I do for next year?
Just give it up?
When I was a medical school student 3 years ago, I had one month elective in Uof T.

so, I don't know what they really want me to have as a credential?

Please give me an advice!

Thank you
 
Hello guys,

I applied for some of FM IM programs, however, I didn't match at all.
I passed EE, QE1 and got PGY-1 level CE1 score.
HOwever, I didn't get any interview.
When I was a medical school student 3 years ago, I had one month elective in Uof T.
So, I don't know what they really want me to have as a credential?
Please give me an advice!
Thank you

Where are you applying, and for what? Are you only applying in Ontario (if so, broaden your search)? Have you applied in Atlantic Canada and out west?What are you working at between cycles of the match? Have you looked into having a province or health board get you a position outside of the match?(to do this you write to them all and wait for replies. You have to be persistent and flexible about where you want to work and in what field.) Have you tried to contact programs that still have spots after the 2nd cycle and match in the unofficial 3rd round?
Good luck,
M
 
Have you thought about going to the US for residency? Plenty of spots in FM left over every year!
 
Have you thought about going to the US for residency? Plenty of spots in FM left over every year!

Only in the non-competitive specialties like IM and FM. But still an okay chance. Just don't expect to get into neurosurgery and you'll be fine.