I did my CK end of July...will I be affected by Delayed Scoring?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Blitz2006

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I did my CK on Wed, July 27.

Can I expect to have my score on Aug.17?

I'm a bit paranoid becaues I read on the usmle site that people who write exam on or AROUND Aug.3 will experience a 6 week delay.....Anyone can confirm that its just for test takers post-Aug.3 and not a few days before it?

Thanks,

Members don't see this ad.

I did my test on July 27th too. My permit disappeared a long time ago, so I assume I will be getting it on time. I have a feeling it will be next Wednesday. Fingers crossed :xf::)

Anyone take CK on 7/21 and not get their scores back today? My buddy who took his exam on that day got his scores, but I did not get mine...

So I did my CK on Wed, July 27.

Can I expect to have my score on Aug.17?

I'm a bit paranoid becaues I read on the usmle site that people who write exam on or AROUND Aug.3 will experience a 6 week delay.....Anyone can confirm that its just for test takers post-Aug.3 and not a few days before it?

Thanks,

I assume its just for people who are taking the new test. The reason they say "around" is because apparently not all places switched on the 3rd- some may have been later. Or at least thats how I read it. Sounds like if you were before the 3rd it would be the usual amount of time and on or after, 9/28.

The question I have is, how long does it take usually? I took mine 8/1.

Members don't see this ad :)
I agree with you. I'm just being paranoid as usual. It usually takes 3 wednesdays....so I'm expecting mine Aug.17.

And I checked, my permit is also gone. So I guess thats a good sign?

I assume its just for people who are taking the new test. The reason they say "around" is because apparently not all places switched on the 3rd- some may have been later. Or at least thats how I read it. Sounds like if you were before the 3rd it would be the usual amount of time and on or after, 9/28.

The question I have is, how long does it take usually? I took mine 8/1.

Also a July 27er! Hoping for Aug 17! Print Permit is still there but shows error...

Apparently if your score is due to be reported on the upcoming Wednesday, the "Print Permit" link will disappear on Monday or Tuesday...

I thought that if the "Print permit" link disappears that means you passed the exam (and that your scores are coming.) I thought that if "Print permit" does not disappear, it means you failed. Which makes sense, because your permit is still good to take the test if you failed because you still have time left in your eligibility period. Is that correct?

Should the print permit link disappear completely? I receive an error message saying when I click print permit, saying the following: Permit not available. The candidate sat for the exam or the registration is not active.

Hoping to receive my scores this week, took the exam on 8/1.

I think it needs to completely disappear. Looks like that's what happened with previous score releases.

i was getting that same error message earlier, now the link to the 'print permit' has disappeared.

i did however see a new link go up requesting to extend eligibility for step2ck ... so i clicked on that...and it came to some weird function error.

any thoughts people?

-took my exam on july 28th.

Last edited:
i was getting that same error message earlier, now the link to it has disappeared.

i did however see a new link go up requesting to extend eligibility for step2ck ... so i clicked on that...and it came to some weird function error.

any thoughts people?

-took my exam on july 28th.

I got the exact same thing. I don't think it means anything.

I wish *one* person who failed would post that their "print permit" link did *not* disappear.