I Do Not Copy U. Michigan's Copy button!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SMW

Grand Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Right next to each course entry. What the hell is it?

Members don't see this ad.

They have a list of the coursework you reported to AMCAS. I think the idea is that you select the course from a dropdown list, then when you move down to the specific course info, you select copy. The info from the top box is then copied to the lower box. I tried this feature and found it useless. If I were you, I would just ignore the copy function and type your answers directly.

Typical problem with database design, they are trying to make the interface too cute rather than simple.

SMW, what is the content of the U of M secondary. I haven't gotten anything from them yet, but then again, I submitted AMCAS a bit later than most folks. Thank you in advance.

Originally posted by Drako:
•SMW, what is the content of the U of M secondary. I haven't gotten anything from them yet, but then again, I submitted AMCAS a bit later than most folks. Thank you in advance.•

B. NON-ACADEMIC ACTIVITIES. List up to six of your most valued recent non-academic activities (such as research, clinical experiences, community service, employment).
Include information about hours per week and duration of involvement for each.
C. ESSAY. Select one experience from your list in part B and describe in a brief essay how it impacted on your decision to go into medicine. Do not exceed 400 words.
J. FOR MSTP APPLICANTS ONLY: Write a statement indicating your career goals, including a possible field of work for the Ph.D. degree, and why you wish to be considered for this MSTP. This essay should be detailed and include your relationship to and publications resulting from the project(s).

I submitted on 7/25 (not verified, of course). The rest of the app is just a few standard questions. Don't you just love how you have to give them info you've already included in AMCAS, but in a different format, of course?