I don't know what to do next???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr Gerrard

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have taken 4 practice tests so far. My exam is July 31st.

1) AAMC 3 --- 10/9/10
2) Kaplan FL1 --- 11/9/11
3) Kaplan FL2 --- 12/10/12
4) AAMC 4R --- 13/11/12

I have also taken 4 EK 101 tests, 8/8/10/12

I have also done all of the Physics and Biology 30-minute exams. How are these? I averaged maybe 10 on Physics and a 12 on Biology.

I am aiming for 34+.

I know my scores are all over the place, but there is a clear positive trend, which is because I had not finished all content review when I had done the first two.

What should I take next? I can take any of the online free ones, TPR, Kaplan or Gold Standard.

Or I have an old TPR Book with practice tests A-D.

Or I have all of the other old version Kaplan FLs.

Or I have all of the other AAMC #R Tests.

Also, what do you all think of that upward trend? Those will bring my "average" down a bit, and most people say they score around their average, but does the fact that I made 34+ in my last two tests mean much, at this point?

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry for the lengthy post. If you do not want to read it all, here is a summary.

I have taken AAMC 3, Kaplan FLs 1 and 2 and AAMC 4R. I want to take another test this weekend. What should it be?

The priority should be to do all of AAMC's CBTs. For more practice after those, go with the free CBTs. Non-CBTs should be at your lowest priority.

The priority should be to do all of AAMC's CBTs. For more practice after those, go with the free CBTs. Non-CBTs should be at your lowest priority.
Hi thirdeye, I have access to all the paper AAMC tests. Should I go and purchase the CBT AAMC tests? Or is it the same thing?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi thirdeye, I have access to all the paper AAMC tests. Should I go and purchase the CBT AAMC tests? Or is it the same thing?

I have no idea. Surely someone on here knows. I personally would only purchase them if they are different, but be sure you take some CBTs to be more familiar with the style on test day.

So would you say that I should save those for last, since they are the priority, or get them out of the way first?

Don't "save" the AAMC tests. How many are left for you? 7 or 8? Well, there is only a little over a month left to your exam - doing 2 a week, which is plenty, gets you right to the doorstep of the real test.

Those other tests are fine, but they are not the most helpful when it comes to estimating your real score.

Don't burnout, and don't try to do 4 tests in your last week...

Do you have Kaplan online? If so, you have access to all the AAMC exams...otherwise, just buy them from AAMC.

I have 6 AAMC left. I have the older version, so I am probably not going to purchase them online.

So I will do 5,6,7 first. Then I will work on Kaplan until about two weeks before the test, when I will do 8,9,10, because I hear those are the best.

I do have access to Kaplan online.

Thanks for your help, by the way.