I don't know what to do!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MeghanMD

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I guess I'm considered non-trad and I think this group could give me the best advice.

I started college as a pre-med with a major in molecular biology. I passed those classes but got a sGPA of 2.51 and I just didn't know how to be a student. Later on I transferred into the business school with a major in marketing and minors in psychology and biology. I have realized that I don't really like marketing.

People have always told me they could see me as a doctor so now that's what I'm leaning towards. I graduate next November but can still do pre-reqs at my univeristy. I have a cGPA of 3.42 and a major GPA of 3.92 even though this doesn't help me for med school at all.

I just don't know if I should take my prereqs and plan on applying to med school next June and have to wait until August 2016. I just I wan't to go into medicine but at the same time I worry that it is a mistake and I should just go work in the field I'm getting my degree in. HELP!

Members don't see this ad.

From what you wrote it sounds like your motivation to pursue medicine is external. What do you want? Have you explored the clinical side of things?

do some hands on stuff (shadow, etc) and see if you like it? if you havent already.